Headlight Switch Stuck

Denver83

Jun 18, 2014
So after I got my gas tank fixed, I started the car and while it was running I tried pulling on the headlight knob, and nothing happened, not that the lights didn't come on, the switch didn't pull out. In looking at it, it's not the right switch at all, the knob is about an inch longer than the stock knob. Since I want to change the instrument panel anyway, I figured I would pull the panel out and reach the "ejector button" for the switch from there. I pulled out the 4 screws holding the panel in, disconnected the wires and light bulbs, went to pull the speedometer cable off, and there is a cover over the speedometer nut. I'll post pics when I get my phone charged up.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are the pics of the light switch and also the speedometer "lock".

Attachments

• Light switch knob.JPG
    Light switch knob.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Speedo lock.JPG
    Speedo lock.JPG
    507.1 KB · Views: 165
Does anyone have any ideas what the speedometer "lock" is or how to get it off? Also, any ideas as how to get the light switch out so I can figure out why the headlights don't work?

I can't see under the cover. The only thing I can see is on the backside of the "lock" is a slot that looks like it would be for a key. I'll post a pic in a little while.