heater core replacement?

blkstangman88

Apr 6, 2004
So i figure since i gto my mustang completely ripped apart except the dash, i might as well go the extra mile and rip the dash out and replace the heater core since i dont wasnt to have to do it later. i was just wonder about how long it might take, or how long it took somone else to do it. and also does anyone know how much i might be able to get a new blower for, the blower for the heater?

• Sponsors (?)

Well i have done this in 3 mustangs and it can be quite the p.i.t.a. If its not leaking I wouldnt try to replace it. You might get in there and mess something up that might put your car out of service for a few days. If its already leaking then replace it. You dont have to pull the dash completly out of the car. you have to losen both sides and pull the passanger side back out of the way. you must drop the steering column and remove the console to do this. The first one I did took me about 6 hours but the 2nd only took about 2 hours and the 3rd took 1 1/2 hours. I learned new tricks everytime I done it. Make sure you have some rtv to reseal the housing.