Heater Tube Delete - Plumbing

Hey Guys,

I know I’m not the first to do this so I want to see how everyone did it to give me some ideas lol.

I installed an elbow where the heater tube was plumbed into the lower intake and figured I’d get a piece of heater hose right to the water pump and that would be it, but I forgot about the alternator bracket & that’s in the way of the hose. Get a taller nipple between the fitting and intake? Modify alternator bracket? Do I just plug it off?

I’ll post a picture shortly.

• Sponsors (?)

If the car is injected you need to find a spot for the ECT sensor and make sure that it is not in a dead spot. My understanding it you need to install the ECT when the heater tube assembly installed on the lower intake and get the sensor portion into moving water. The nipple on the water pump can simply be capped with a plug and hose clamp.

Found this picture on the Corral:

Heater Tube Delete and ECT Relocate.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
If the car is injected you need to find a spot for the ECT sensor and make sure that it is not in a dead spot. My understanding it you need to install the ECT when the heater tube assembly installed on the lower intake and get the sensor portion into moving water. The nipple on the water pump can simply be capped with a plug and hose clamp.

Found this picture on the Corral:

Heater Tube Delete and ECT Relocate.jpg
I bought a thermostat housing with a threaded hole for the coolant temperature sensor.

Capping off that nipple on the waterpump won’t hinder any coolant circulation through the engine?