Heavy Metal Suspension?

• Sponsors (?)

Hi All, Wanted to see if you guys have ever heard of this company, and used their products? If so, how good is their Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms.

Here is the URL - https://heavymetalsuspensions.com/p...and-lower-control-arms?variant=14212626874434

They look solid and are made in the USA.

thanks!
At $113, are you sure they are not made in the same place as the bargain ones everywhere?

Too bad they are out stock...... they reduce the dreaded “wheel dop”
206E71F8-82A1-4482-B042-B757E499C213.jpeg

And while I don’t really care howpeople write or spell in their posts, I find this to be a quick glimpse into the type of company you’re dealing with when they can’t get their website correct! JMO

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
Too bad they are out stock...... they reduce the dreaded “wheel dop”
206E71F8-82A1-4482-B042-B757E499C213.jpeg

And while I don’t really care howpeople write or spell in their posts, I find this to be a quick glimpse into the type of company you’re dealing with when they can’t get their website correct! JMO
I called the company and they are making more. They are behind on their orders. They seem just as good as other known brands and look solid.

There is a reason maximum motorsports lists their control arms for 79-98 and then 99--2004. I am telling you there is no universal 79-2004 without compromising something. 79-98 frame rails are drilled for the 12mm bolt. 99-04 for the 14 mm bolt. So if a 79-98 takes a 12mm bolt, and the bushing is "universal" and will accommodate a 14 mm bolt, and you are using a 12mm bolt it will be sloppy. Trust me. I went through this years ago. Cheap isn't always good.

• Useful
The stock parts would be better than cheap junk parts. Quality aftermarket isn't that much more if you require aftermarket arms. If you are staying completely stock get some stock replacements. In the end you will be much more satisfied.

Last edited:
I'm leaving the car stock so no need for the overpriced ones. I bet these will work fine once I order them.
I’ll bet you haven’t done your homework on the differences between the different control arm bushings regarding stiffness, and the impact they make on ride quality, and rear suspension articulation.

If stock is your goal, replace the bushings with new stock rubber bushings. As implied, when something is way cheaper than everything else, it’s cheaper for a reason, and the primary reason is usually because it’s crap.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I’ll bet you haven’t done your homework on the differences between the different control arm bushings regarding stiffness, and the impact they make on ride quality, and rear suspension articulation.

If stock is your goal, replace the bushings with new stock rubber bushings. As implied, when something is way cheaper than everything else, it’s cheaper for a reason, and the primary reason is usually because it’s crap.
Just found out that the upper and lower control arms were made in China.