Hehehehe looky what I went and bought today...

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
PICT2099.jpg

Will be going in tomorrow and then have to find a nice long empty street to test to see if my high speed driveline vibration is gone.

• Sponsors (?)

Was thinking about the carbon fiber one too but super expensive. Aluminum one was great for the price, lol. I picked it up at murrays speed and custom for 249, they price matched it to summit's price so i had no complaints. Plus put it under the dealer so no taxes, lol.

Great upgrade! I did this about 3 years ago and it was immediately noticeable.

I did my motor mounts last August and that was a huge improvement for smothing out the front end and suspension. After doing some research on here and elsewhere, I went with the convertible motor mounts for our year (even though I have a coupe), because the convertible mounts are supposed to be heavier duty than our stock ones. The fit was perfect as expected.

I got mine exceptionally cheap, $250, new they go for $550 - $1500. Mine new is $750 I believe. I got mine from a guy who took it off his race prepped 98, I called the company who manufactures it for new u joints, snap rings, and yoke, and they ended up replacing it all for me for free!! I didnt realize my friend was the production manager there at the time. :D

Ohh and it's 14lbs total.

http://www.acpt.com/driveshaft/index.html

How much do carbon fiber driveshafts cost? Carbon's gone up in price quite a bit since the 787 is eating up a lot of the supply.

I got mine exceptionally cheap, $250, new they go for $550 - $1500. Mine new is $750 I believe. I got mine from a guy who took it off his race prepped 98, I called the company who manufactures it for new u joints, snap rings, and yoke, and they ended up replacing it all for me for free!! I didnt realize my friend was the production manager there at the time. :D

Ohh and it's 14lbs total.

http://www.acpt.com/driveshaft/index.html

I hate you...lol Anyway my drive line vibration is officially gone so thats good.