Hello everyone!!!! First Mustang Forum for me!!

Hey guys!! I'm happy to be here!!!

When the 1994 Mustang came out, I fell in love with the car head over heels. I was 14 years old at the time. Since then, I always liked the Mustang especially the GT with its V8 rumble; however, when time came to purchase my first car (I was 20) I had to choose wisely. I wanted something to hold value and be reasonable in price and performance, and that is how I fell in love with VW's Passat. Turbo 4, sporty handling and great value. As of today, I'm in my 4th Passat since 2000,and the best Passat yet. I have the Hi-def package and the car looks awsome!!! only a handful in San Diego!!!
I get lots of compliments even from Bimmer and Audi drivers!!!

When I saw the '05 Mustang I loved the car, but as soon I got inside the car, I felt the cheap crappy materials and it was a big turn off for me as all the past Mustangs have been. This all changed for the 2010.
I loved the exterior and then inside you can feel the monumental difference in material quality. I really like this new Mustang, and for the first time in 10 years I might emmigrate from VW to Ford!!! However, there was another big turn off!!!!

PRICE!!!!!!:mad: I went to the Ford dealership and saw a Mustang GT for $40,500 !!!!!!:eek: and next to it a $44,000 2010 SHO MEGA:eek:

What in the world is going on with Ford???? I mean I'm glad they're heading in the right direction, but with those prices??? Even a Taurus SEL (medium trim) nicely equipped was stickered at $30,000 :nono: For a Taurus???:notnice: not a good strategy!!!

I'm really thinking to jump to a Mustang, but with those prices it's going to be hard letting go German engineering. A nicely equipped A4 goes for $37K even the hot CC with VR6 and Nav goes for $38K (the hot coupe A5 starts at $36K). I really want the mustang because it would be a completely different experience.

Is it wise to buy one???? The Stang I want goes for $36,000 without the nav nor the track pack. I do love the glass roof (which is included in the price). I'd like the nav, but it's to expensive and the treack pack?? well I want an automatic so I don't need the track pack!
I still have until August of 2010, so if the new Coyote V8 becomes the new GT I'm assuming the price will go up and the remaining 4.6L '10s will have very nice discounts!!! For me 315 hp is more than enough!!! By the way I'm 29 years old who just finished my major and looking for a job. My main goal is to get married and raise a family which I will be financially ready in 4 years. This is my last oportunity to have a muscle car (single, no GF) Once I get hitched I probably go back to sedans and SUVs.

Any thoughts???? Should I go for it????

Any thoughts????

• Sponsors (?)

I'd like the Mustang GT premium kona blue or candy red with auto tranny, glass roof, security package and 19" premium painted wheels. Comes to $36,225 according to the website. I always wanted a nav, but I already have my Palm Pre with Nav which it's really awsome, so other than aesthetics I don't think I would use it that much!!! I have Sirius Sat radio, and really use it a couple of times a month!! (more than that with NFL starting this weekend) Do I really need the Nav????

Another question, I really like the brown seats, but in Ford's website the door panels turn grey!!!! :notnice: I really want brown seats with the rest of the car Black and aluminum accents!!! Anyone know if this it's true???

Think of it this way,

Yes the dealer has those on the lot, and probably has sold all the ones they have recieved that are more reasonably priced. The reason that those are still there is others like you thought they were too much. Head back in a month and by then, hopefully they will have some more resonable stangs without every bell and whistle available.

Another question, I really like the brown seats, but in Ford's website the door panels turn grey!!!! :notnice: I really want brown seats with the rest of the car Black and aluminum accents!!! Anyone know if this it's true???[/QUOTE]

My Kona Blue 2010 GT premium

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 212
Sweeeeeeet!!!! :)

I can barely see the door panel, It's black. Isn't it??? Can you survive without the NAV???

BTW, can you still negociate to pay a little over invoice and still get the rebates (if any) if the car has been ordered to your taste??

I can barely see the door panel, It's black. Isn't it??? Can you survive without the NAV???

BTW, can you still negociate to pay a little over invoice and still get the rebates (if any) if the car has been ordered to your taste??

I got X Plan through my employer plus the rebates offered. And talked them higher on the trade in, and I ordered mine to my liking. They want to sell the car, I'm sure they'll work with you, especially with it coming into the slow months.

The door panels have matching brown leather inserts; so it's all good.

I can survive without the built in nav (electronics package) because SYNC has voice navigation.

The door panels have matching brown leather inserts; so it's all good.

I can survive without the built in nav (electronics package) because SYNC has voice navigation.

The inserts I know they match the seats. What I was asking was the plastic trim around the inserts where the window switches are located, speakers, etc. In the website it turns grey once you click the brown seats option!

Hi delpiero1980,

This is my first Mustang forum (and post) as well :)

From personal experience if you order a vehicle factory direct it should not cost you much more (if any) than a vehicle that a dealership currently has on their lot. The difference is that with in-stock vehicles, dealerships are more willing to negotiate into holdback whereas with factory direct vehicles we are not.

Currently all of the Ford dealerships I know of are over stocked with 2010 Mustang's and F-150's and sales numbers are way down. Going into August we were all maintaining low inventory due to the economy and then the Cash for Clunkers program hit us. With no inventory and high demand we placed a huge amount of orders for new cars with Ford. Those cars are just starting to arrive to dealers now but the Cash for Clunkers program is over and we have no one left to sell to.

Moral of the story is: If you're looking for a good deal, I would suggest taking a look towards the end of this month or next month when dealerships are panicking to get rid of their excess inventory. You should be able to get one for invoice - all holdback - all factory rebates w/0% :nice:

Cheers!

If anything, by ordering factory direct, you may even get a better price because you're not purchasing the car from the dealer, you're purchasing it from Ford themselves. Because of that, you may pay less. You're also going to get exactly what you want. That's not to say that they're going to split option packages into single options, but you're more likely to get everything you do want and nothing you don't.

As an example, I spoke with a dealer and this is what I told him I wanted:

2010 Deluxe GT (no "bells and whistles") with black cloth interior

5-speed manual transmission

Track Pack (suspension, 3.73s, brakes, 19 in. wheels/tires)

Kona Blue with white or silver stripe(s)

Spoiler

Now, here's the thing. You're not "able" to get the Track Pack with the Deluxe GT. You have to get the Premium GT. You also do NOT get a spoiler OR stripe(s). If you go to the dealer, you can't get a car in that configuration I listed. If you order factory-direct, they will allow you to "mix and match." Here's what I'm thinking thus far:

Deluxe GT- $28,000

Track Pack- $1530

Stripe: $500

Spoiler: It's a standard option. Argue as to why I don't get it because I order a suspension. I'll get the spoiler.

Before negotiating a price, that's going to give me the car for about $30,000 on a DELUXE GT. A PREMIUM GT starts out at around $32,000-$33,000, then you'll have to add the Track Pack, you won't get a spoiler, and you won't get a stripe. Add in the price of the Track Pack, and you're already eclipsing nearly $35,000 before negotiating a price. Then, when all is said and done, you were forced to buy a Premium GT that you probably didn't want just so you could get the option you DID want. You've now spent $3,000-$4,000 just to get an option that cost you another $1,500.

If anything, by ordering factory direct, you may even get a better price because you're not purchasing the car from the dealer, you're purchasing it from Ford themselves. Because of that, you may pay less. You're also going to get exactly what you want. That's not to say that they're going to split option packages into single options, but you're more likely to get everything you do want and nothing you don't.

As an example, I spoke with a dealer and this is what I told him I wanted:

2010 Deluxe GT (no "bells and whistles") with black cloth interior

5-speed manual transmission

Track Pack (suspension, 3.73s, brakes, 19 in. wheels/tires)

Kona Blue with white or silver stripe(s)

Spoiler

Now, here's the thing. You're not "able" to get the Track Pack with the Deluxe GT. You have to get the Premium GT. You also do NOT get a spoiler OR stripe(s). If you go to the dealer, you can't get a car in that configuration I listed. If you order factory-direct, they will allow you to "mix and match." Here's what I'm thinking thus far:

Deluxe GT- $28,000

Track Pack- $1530

Stripe: $500

Spoiler: It's a standard option. Argue as to why I don't get it because I order a suspension. I'll get the spoiler.

Before negotiating a price, that's going to give me the car for about $30,000 on a DELUXE GT. A PREMIUM GT starts out at around $32,000-$33,000, then you'll have to add the Track Pack, you won't get a spoiler, and you won't get a stripe. Add in the price of the Track Pack, and you're already eclipsing nearly $35,000 before negotiating a price. Then, when all is said and done, you were forced to buy a Premium GT that you probably didn't want just so you could get the option you DID want. You've now spent $3,000-$4,000 just to get an option that cost you another $1,500.

So, TopSpeed, when will you be ordering your new Mustang? :D

If anything, by ordering factory direct, you may even get a better price because you're not purchasing the car from the dealer, you're purchasing it from Ford themselves.

By placing an order "factory direct" you are simply asking the dealership to custom build one of their allocation units to your specifications. The dealership then places the order and purchases the vehicle from Ford and you in turn purchase it from the dealership. In most cases, the price will not be better if you order a vehicle; however, it may not cost you anything extra.

Cheers!
Derek

By placing an order "factory direct" you are simply asking the dealership to custom build one of their allocation units to your specifications. The dealership then places the order and purchases the vehicle from Ford and you in turn purchase it from the dealership. In most cases, the price will not be better if you order a vehicle; however, it may not cost you anything extra.

Cheers!
Derek

I was told that the prices were cheaper on ordered vehicles. I guess I'll find out when I order.

You see, the sooner you get that Mustang the sooner you can start spending that money on mods rather than keeping your Camaro running :)

Yeah, but the thing is, when I get the Mustang, it's already going to be modded. It'll have the Track Pack (3.73 gears, wheels, upgraded tires, upgraded suspension) and a Roushcharger. While the best part will certainly be the upgrade in power from "stock," it's going to be just as nice to have everything covered under a factory warranty. :nice:

What I'm discovering with my Camaro is that it's not a piece of crap which is constantly having mechanical failures because it's a piece of crap, but it's been a matter of chasing someone else's mistakes. An alternator can fail on anyone, but when you pay someone $7800 for an engine rebuild, plus machining and labor, and it's leaking at all its seals within 2 years and 30,000 miles, that's the fault of the people who built it. I was promised a "quality job," and what I'm finding is that I had my cheeks spread.

Well, the MSRP of my stang according to the web site comes to $36,925.
Here is the Mustang the way I want it:
-GT Premium
-auto tranny
-rapid spec 400A
-red candy metallic with tinted clearcoat
-security package
-glass roof
-19" painted luster nickel wheels
-saddle interior

I wont be ready until June/July 2010. Anyone knows when is the deadline to order the 2010s???
I want to wait for the news of the '11 GT. How much will it cost and weight?

My goal is to finance $31,000. How can I go from $36,925 to $31,000???
I will need rebates, pay close to invoice and how much down payment to offset the tax, title and license???

I have always lease. This will be my 1st purchase. The ford website says $18.83 per $1,000 finance at 4.9% APR. Does this inlude tax??
In a lease payment the tax is charge in every payment (i.e. $351 lease paayment + $26.85 tax= $377.85) Is purchase the same case???