Hello from Phoenix!

oDools88

Jun 27, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I'm a recently new owner of my 2017 GT Premium (Ruby Red). Really loving these new S550's. They run well (when they're not blowing rob bearings, which I'll get to later) and handle like a dream. Definitely a more track oriented muscle car.

Looking forward to personalizing it with upgrades here and there. So far I installed the Tru-X MagnaFlow Resonator and AWE Touring cans with chrome tips. This setup really lets deeper tones shine through, while also allowing that rumble and gurgle during deacceleration. Had a ss x-pipe for a month but it was just too aggressive for an everyday driver. I also tried the Stage 2 Ford Performance intake (aka GT 350 CAL and throttle body). Surprisingly after reading so many good reviews, it did nothing for me, and actually, my car ran worst. I experienced a lot of valve chatter and throttle hesitation. Ford Performance took care of me though and took the product back with a full refund (still pending). I suspect it was a flook and the throttle body was a defect. I figured it was a good excuse to hold off and get something better down the road.

My only complaint was after about 1,500 miles I noticed a light and random tap from beneath the engine. I first suspected bad gas or something, but once I realized the tap was coming from the oil pan area I knew it was something more serious. I took it to a dealer twice closest to me job (Feb and Mar 2018) and they were not helpful whatsoever. They even suggested "taking it to a different dealer." It just wasn't a good experience as I felt they were brushing my problem off to someone else. So, I drove it little longer and the tapping got worst, to the point where it didn't stop. I called a different dealer and I was completely honestly (June 2018 with 6,200 miles), because at this point I was losing hope it Ford's ability to make this right. The very next day they called to inform me a new short block is being ordered and that cylinder 3 had something wrong with it. Finally! Long story short, if you're experiencing any tapping from beneath on your coyote, take that sh*t in ASAP.

Anyway, I live in Phoenix, originally from western NC. Moved out here 3 years ago because of a job opportunity. For the most part I love AZ, except the 3 to 4 months of hell in the summer. If you can survive the first summer, you'll be alright. The rest of the year is perfect for outdoor activities. During the cooler season, it rarely gets below 50 degrees F. I love anything that goes fast, from motorcycles and sports cars to high power rifles. I've been riding for 11 years now and AZ has some amazing roads in the northern parts of the state. I'm also a Marine Vet
, so firearms are my crack. This is my first Mustang and so far, for the most part, I'm pleased. I generally drives trucks, but after my wife bought a substitute truck (Pilot Elite), I finally had a reason to own a Mustang. lol

Looking forward to reading through these forums and getting to know everyone. Cheers.

20180331_133201.jpg

• Sponsors (?)