Hello From San Diego

twodoordime

Mar 27, 2007
Hello all, I am from San Diego and just picked up my 3rd mustang (I had 2 97 cobras) after a 7 year hiatus. Its a 1990 5.0 LX hatch. I picked it up for $650 with blown head gaskets. I slapped head gaskets on her and promptly did a burnout as the first test. Anyway game plan is suspension overhaul, street/strip valvebody, 5 lug, new wheels/tires, and 4.10's.

image4.jpe

• Sponsors (?)

Well I lowered her with h&r springs, got new tires (only front mounted in pic), 3.73's and a traclok installed, new brake booster and master cylinder installed, and have sourced a full 5 spd swap. This car is a joy to drive at the moment, I can't wait to install the 5spd.

Going from 2.73's to 3.73's is night and day difference. Holy crap, it's a totally different car. From a docile (sorta pathetic) noise maker to a relatively fun car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for the welcome.

Yeah it's fairly low, not too crazy. I only touch the catalytic converter shields occasionally and those won't be a problem after this weekend. Good call on the mirrors, the whole car needs paint pretty badly. Unfortunately it's number 3 in line to get painted for my cars. Datsun 720 is first since it's my dd, one of my datsun 510s is second, and then the fox comes third. I only have one car with almost perfect paint and that's my rx7.