Hello From Wa 1965 Mustang

sassy

Jul 1, 2017
We have been working on our 1965 mustang for almost 2 years with problems with people saying they would restore it but never did any real work. We found someone who's heart and soul is restoring classic cars of all kinds so now we are able to drive it and enjoy it. We still have issues and hopefully a tip on here has enabled us to fix a problem with grounding as the gas gauge and lights in the dash don't work. I hope to suck a lot of info from you guys! Thanks Linda

Attachments

• Mustang car 2.jpg
    Mustang car 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

There are several ground points on the wiring harness ,behind the instrument cluster ,behind the kick panels ,in the trunk near the filler neck and inside the headlight buckets . All fairly easy to get at .A wiring diagram will help you a lot .The gas tank may not have a good ground for the fuel gauge ,it simply grounds through the attaching screws inside the trunk and sometimes it will not get a good ground and may need a ground strap .

Thanks guys I think my hubby thinks he can check on it and hopefully we will be good to go! We had our first car show a couple of weeks ago and learned a lot! Our next one is next weekend! I am excited!!

Yes we are from WA state. When we get more little kinks worked out we want to do more shows and I have a friend who goes to a lot of Oregon shows and says they are great and lots of nice people!