Hello, I need some help.

fuzzyrat123

May 12, 2009
Hey everyone, I'm new here and new to the Mustang world. I just purchased a 90 Mustang GT and have been working on it a little bit well someone else has been working on it since I have no idea what I'm doing. Like I said I'm new so I'm learning.

I have a problem that is killing me that we can't figure out, my car keeps spuddering big time when I first start it up in the morning it fades a bit but still spudders while driving at any speed.

When I first got the car I was told it had 24lb. injectors on it and was switched to 19lb. injectors, after doing more reading I read somewhere that the MAF has to be calibrated to the new 19lb. injectors. Is this true?

I've added new plugs,wires,cap, all new gaskets(haven't installed new o2 sensors yet) and getting ready to get new exhaust system but not sure what kind or brand to get. The car does run nice and sounds nice(cept for the spuddering).

Can anyone help me out here on what I should do ? Should I take my car my local Ford dealer and run a scan ? I really don't know anyone around my area that has a great deal of knowledge on mustangs except for my friend that I work with, he is good just doesn't have all the equipment to test my car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

BTW I live in Northern Kentucky just 10 minutes south of Cincinnati.

• Sponsors (?)