Hello! New forum member needs help with 2008 V8 losing revs and cutting out!!

Lizzie46

Jun 1, 2018
Dubai
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum business so please bear with me! I've got a 2008 California Special and have had an issue of it occasionally losing revs. I assumed the usual throttle body/ sensor that needs a clean. However after an injector service and throttle body clean it's now a right pain to start when the engine is warm. Cold start no problem! Now today in a car park the car just died on me. Just cut out. Never happened before. A friend is telling me it's either the air intake temp sensor or the airflow meter. Please advise if you guys have has similar issues. The idiot mechanic I took it too just wanted to make a buck and put a new fuel pump on it and didn't investigate. So please help so I won't get fleeced by another mechanic trying to make money. Thank yoooo!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks so much guys getting a ECU scan tomorrow so let's see. No lights on dash like engine light to show error but hopefully ecu scan will show something. Will mention MAF sensor to my mechanic tomorrow. I know I'm totes useless at this car stuff. Thanks guys!