Hello... This Is My First Post. What Shocks And Struts?

morethrottle88

Oct 19, 2012
Hi everyone my name is Kyle and I am new here. I'm from northern cali and I have a 93 Cobra in pretty great shape.

Before some guy goes on a rampage i did do a search and it came up with all kinds of stuff but mostly old and outdated stuff.

Anyways I have had my car for about a year and a half now and I'm kinda bored with it. Been thinking about selling and what not to get a new 5.0. But then I realized that I would be like every other guy so I'm gonna keep the Cobra. I just gotta do some :poo: to it to make it newer and fun again.

So on with the main question.... What shocks/struts and springs do you prefer, or are running and like, or what have you had and hate. I am looking at the H&R super sport springs and the KYB AGX shocks and struts. Any thoughts on that. I don't have tons of money for a coil over set up or anything like that. I'm looking to spend about 500 to get it low and looking and riding rite.

And please no on beg me not to do this I'm tired of hearing about it.

Well thanks Gents I hope to get some good knowledge from this site and meet some good people.

That's my Baby :flag:

DSC_0113.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet Kyle -
I'm building a 93 coupe - and I think from my research (it's extensive) the Tokico blues are the way to go - for the money and for what I think they can deliver - it seems good - stick with that cobra - I almost was thinking of trading in my 07 GT - just like you - it was just kinda boring - I bought it new - and was thinking of getting another new one - but the 07 was PAID off - so I started w/a plan - simple mods - and a few large one's - with the addition of the mutha thumpr cams and the exhaust - I'll be keeping my 07 Forever :)...that 93 cobra is a highly sought after car - I'd keep it

Well thanks for the input guy's, I'll probably give those blue Tokikos a shot. They are cheaper than the KYBs also. So from what I have been reading when you lower you ride get some SN95 rear shocks? And as long as I keep throwing money and parts at my car I'm sure ill want to keep it lol. The main reason I really want a new car is cause of all the fancy lights and buttons hahaha. So one of those florida 5.0 gauge clusters is gonna be something on my list here shortly.

Ok so after all the thoughts and what not IRS would be sweet in my opinion but I want to get it low pretty soon, and that would be a project and a half that I don't feel like dealing with rite now.

So after a lot more reading I would like to go with coilovers. BUT! I keep hearing that when running them in the rear you loose some room for bigger tires. Eventually id like to see 315s out back but my next tire purchase will be 275s. Also when you locate rear coilovers in the stock location the put a lot more stress on the factory sheet metal were they would mount.

I'm thinking about going with springs, adjustable shocks and upper and lower control arms for the rear. Then run coilovers up front.

Not to sure about what product people suggest. I have heard about people using UPRs coilover setup but I want nothing to do with them after reading about that "UPR k member = garbage"

I'm not to sure about other brands that are out there, eibach, koni, strange, etc...

I'm not looking for a drag car suspension. This is a daily driver and I would like it to handle better than it does now. I do plan to get some track time in next year doing autocross and track days. I'm sure it will see the drag strip also but it will never be a drag car.

Hope you people can help me out, I will keep on reading but some opinions would be nice. and sorry about changing my direction a few times. But in my head this seems like the way to go.

Thanks for that link. I just hit him up and hope to hear from him sooner than later. But while I have been waiting around for replies and trying to figure out what to do suspension wise. I shot my rim satin black with some plasti dip. I think it gave my car a much needed new look. I dig it. What do you think?

IMAG0429.jpg

And to all the sticklers out there. Sorry about how dirty the car is. It's been sitting for a while but I'm getting it all cleaned up and detailed slowly but surely.