HELP!!!! A Couple Questions... Gas tank floater, Gaskets, FuelPump Connection...

Ny Mustang Guy

Founding Member
Dec 10, 2001
Queens Nyc
What's up.. Just replaced the floater (mine wasn't working, put in a 2month old 255lph Pump.. Both were out of my friend's Mustang (in which he said he had no problems with either) have a couple questions...

1. The floater seems not to be reading right...With the floater out of the car it will read.. but once it is in the tank the gauge goes straight all the way past full and hangs out all the way in the right hand corner all the time... I checked the wiring.. even ran a seperate wire.. changed the gauge.. Like I said it worked outside the tank.. but once in the tank the needle on the gauge goes straight past full and hangs out all the way in the right hand corner... Is it the floater?

2. Where can I find those O ring looking gaskets for the Floater and Fuel pump.. mine have gotten in contact with gas and are warped (Not to mention I DO NOT want to fill up the tank and had to freakin put some gasket maker around the gaskets for now.. dont even know if it will hold) My car is a daily driver so I NEED to have something to temporarily hold the gas in... dont want to be driving around with gas spilling out.. lol

3. The clip that connects right intoto t he top of the fuel pump basically disintegrated in my hands taking it off the old pump as if it had been struck with cancer or something!.. Where can I find this piece of the harness.. Right now I have the 2 metal connections that are supposed to be in that clip on the pump with this black putty substance holding it in place... (I know I can find them at a junkyard and whatnot.. Just wondering If there is a legit place I can find this part and just splice it in or whatever?)

So lets see.. If I fill up the tank the gas will come out the top (temporary fix with gasket maker lol), The gauge isnt reading right.. aaannddd my connections to my fuel pump are ghetto-ized.. LOL this car is my only DD. so any info is appreciated..THANKS:SNSign: ! She's running better than ever and I Hope to get her in the right shape again ASAP! I REALLY don't want to end up getting stuck... or blow up! LOL :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

The funny plastic clips that secure the external fuel pump line that goes to the fuel filter are available at the local auto parts store. I got a bag of about 5 or so for a few bucks.