Help, car is stalling on a code 81 !!!

I just installed underdrive pulleys and an proform electric fan, after I was done I pulled the car out while running and it was fine for about 5-10 mins and it just died. I tried starting and it would struggle to start and would die. I tried so much that it killed my battery, I tried starting the next day and it started running fine again for 5-10 mins and did the same thing without killing the battery,so I replace the battery and battery cables, I checked the alternator to see if it was charging and it is with 13.8 volts when running, so I then checked my codes and it only has one code and its code 81 intake air control, what does this mean and would this cause my problem. Also my temperature of my car gets around 210 and my fan then turns, i'm trying to get the fan to turn on at about 180-185 but I can't. I got the probe between the fins about 4-5 inches away from the upper hose. Do I need to be closer to the hose? Or would this cause my car problems? Thanks:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Code 81 Secondary -Air Injection Diverter (AIRD) solenoid circuit failure.

Thats part of your thermacor air injection system. It would not cause your running problems. I get the same code because I deleted my whole air injection system, and I dont have running problems because of it. I would think your problem has something to do with your fan wiring.

The code 81 isn't your problem.

Code 81 – Secondary Air Injection Diverter Solenoid failure AM2. The solenoid valve located on the back side of the passenger side wheel well is not functional. Possible bad wiring, bad connections, missing or defective solenoid valve. Check the solenoid valve for +12 volts at the Red wire and look for the Lt Green/Black wire to switch from +12 volts to 1 volt or less. The computer controls the valve by providing a ground path on the LT Green/Black wire for the solenoid valve.

See http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/88Stang5.0Vacuum.gif for help on the vacuum line plumbing.

Remove the large rubber hoses from the rear of the aft vacuum control valve. One hose goes to the pipe to the back of the heads. The other hose goes to the pipe that goes to the cat converters. Start the engine and apply vacuum (steal a line from the manifold somewhere) the airflow out of the valve should switch from one outlet to the other. If it doesn't then the vacuum control valve is bad.

With the engine running, stick a safety pin in the LT Green/Black wire for the solenoid valve & ground it. That should turn the solenoid on and cause air to flow out the port that goes to the pipe connected to the cats. If it doesn't, the valve is bad. If it does cause the airflow to switch, the computer or wiring going to the computer is not signaling the solenoid valve to open.

Well, I think I might have found the problem

I think I ran out of gas, the car was low on gas but not really on "E" but I saw I had no pressure on my fuel gauge, so I put gas in it and it fired back up, OOOP's. This makes since because when I pulled the car out of the garage it was on a slant so the gas wasn't getting to the pump so when I pushed it back in the garage the next day it fired back up? Thanks for the feedback on the code 81 !But can anybody help on the fan situation?

I'd consider changing the fuel filter if you think any of the crap in the bottom of the tank got sucked through the system.
Remember that fuel is the lubricant for pumps too (running low or out of gas can shorten their lives - something to recall if an issue crops up in the future).

Glad to hear you got it figured. I saw your fan thread and only could agree with the previous post about the probe (and I had a question about the probe).

Good luck.