Help car kept stalling today??

mineralrob

Oct 28, 2006
As i was driving today my car shut off and continued to do so. The rpms will drop really low then it just shuts right off. No check engine light or anything. Sometimes it will start right up and drive fine then you come to a light and nothing,just shuts off. Any ideas??? On my old avenger i had a simliar problem and it was the crank position sensor?? My rides an 02 5spd gt with 11,000 miles. Help!! Any help would be greaty appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Most likely cause is the IAC is gummed up and sticking. Sometimes you can get away with just cleaning it. I had mine stalling on me one morning, heres the (cheapest) thing you can do..

Go to the store and get a can of gum cutter/carb cleaner. Anything thats designed to remove carbon deposits/oil in the intake system. Unbolt the IAC from the side of the Plenum/throttle body, spray it out and bolt it bake up. Takes 10 mins to do, and I've fixed several stalling issues this way. If that doesnt work, let us know.

Yea i tried cleaing the IAC last night and that didnt work. I'll check today to see if something came undone like a vaccum line or such. Even when start it i've to rev it or it will stall out.:shrug:

Way back when I put my CAI on, one of the lines didn't fit to well and kept popping off slightly, and in turn whenever i'd try to start my car it didn't want to and then if I DID get it running, it sounded like it had the most aggressive cam on earth just sputtering and wheezing, and then died.

Then when we did my manifold swap we forgot to reconnect all the vacuum lines and my car died at a stoplight, I restarted it and got onto the onramp and it died again on there. Put the line back on and it was good to go.