!HELP! Car stalls after 1 minute and my oil smells like fuel???

juiced_94gt

Mar 30, 2005
Southern California
Ok my car was running fine and yesterday left me on the road :bang: well i had it towed to my house and when i tried to start it it wouldnt fire...well the fuel pressure gauge would shoot to around 35 psi and instantly went to zero, well i bought a new fuel pump and regulator and holds pressure now BUT when it fires up it sounds like its trying to stay on, the motor wobbles alot and shuts off after a few seconds, i checked the oil and theres no trace of coolant but it smells like fuel...WHY??? i checked for vacume leaks and found none, it almost sounds like its choking when it fires up, could it be the lower intake gaskets?

• Sponsors (?)

pull your spark plugs their more than likely toasted.any time you have fuel problems your plugs will take a beating, weather their fouled out from being to rich or in your case burnt up from lack of fuel, either way straighten out the fuel problem and replace your plugs. good luck

I have the SAME THING happening after my crane 2031 cam install, runs FINE when you first start it, then it starts wildly "idle hunting" and stalls itself out, I will let you know if i find a solution, please let me know what you find too Thanks! G.

Pokageek said:
"Fuel pressure regulator diaphraghm busted."

How in the world does that happen?
The diaphram can rupture from old age, weakness, etc. A tell is that there can be fuel in the vac line. Not good.

gatorbytes2 said:
I have the SAME THING happening after my crane 2031 cam install, runs FINE when you first start it, then it starts wildly "idle hunting" and stalls itself out, I will let you know if i find a solution, please let me know what you find too Thanks! G.
you need to get dyno tuned, our cars have a very picky computer when it comes to cam options, the only way it will run right after a cam install is to have the car tuned.