HELP! changed spark plugs and wires, now it's shaking and doesn't accelerate much.

homienick

Jun 25, 2007
My father tonight changed my spark plugs and wires. My car was running fine before we did this. After he finished, I started the car and it sounded a little weird, i backed out and started driving, I can push down over 50% on my pedal and the car BARELY accelerates, I could floor it and watch my rpm's shoot up to 4 or 5 but my car would only accelerate a little, not to mention it shakes a lot now.

he said that maybe we accidently unplugged something, so he's out there right now looking. UGH

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Specifically check your plug 5 and 6 to make sure they are not wrong at the coil pack.

I have done mine so many times and still get them crossed over for some reason.

Is the car backfiring? That is also a tell all sign that it is crossed up and firing when it is not supposed to be.

Also, anyone with MSD wires, I am sending mine back due to them being poorly made and pulling one boot off, burning another.

I picked up a set of www.performancedistributors.com and they are awesome. 10mm, heavy and look REAL nice.