help clutch pedal is really stiff

cameron1974

Jul 14, 2009
i recently bought a 99 mustang couple 3.8 5 speed.. The clutch works fine and shifts good but has no free play in it. When I depress the clutch it is harder then most clutches to push in and kinda hurts my foot after driving for while...any suggestions to check for or links on here....its getting agrivating.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds normal. It's probably a brand new clutch. And depending on the type of clutch installed,if say it were even a mild performance clutch then that stiffness would never go away really. If it is an old clutxh, then the stiffness could be from the throwout bearing. Does the pedal feel like it's rubbing on anything? Any noises from the transmission or clutch cable? Squeaks, rattles,grinding noises?

it reacts normal no noises...just stiffer then would like i beleive its original 127k miles...has shorty shifter..my gf has eclipse 2008 its super easy 2 push i had bad soles on my shoes that i was wearing that made it worst lol...didnt know if there was a adjustment anywhere...also brakes pedal vibrates when hitting brakes neighbor sais its the tie rod end...and my damn headers were cracked fixedrivers side passenger side is goin b tougher was prob bottomed out its lowerd 2 inches...