HELP : Eibach Pro kit front springs WONT go in!

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
back in Marylands
We've disconnected the strut, disconnected the front sway bar, got the spring out but we CAN'T get the new one in.

Eibach Pro Kit.

Why???
Any tips?? WD40 like crazy, lots of pushing and pulling. Compressed it even, still no luck... wtf????

• Sponsors (?)

try putting the spring on the control arm first; then put the upper isolator in place (not on spring) and then you should be able to push it in to place. this may help. it worked for me although my springs drop an extra half inch.

good luck

okc2KGT said:
try putting the spring on the control arm first; then put the upper isolator in place (not on spring) and then you should be able to push it in to place. this may help. it worked for me although my springs drop an extra half inch.

good luck
we're going to try that but the top bushing won't stay up there so it's hard
it's something wehaven't tried yet

millatime said:
You have to push the a arm down to get the spring to fit in
we are. not sure how far it can go though, worried about tie rod

my roomate's spring install went easy, we had Ford C Springs, went in sooooo easily
wtf

millatime said:
You have to push the a arm down to get the spring to fit in

Yeap that's it !

Remove the jack from under the "A" arm and let it go all the way down and even push it with your foot and the spring will go right in :nice:

spring_removal.jpg

From what I remember is that I put the top of the spring in first and at the bottom I used a crowbar and put somehow put it somewhere on the spring and put the end of crowbar in the hole in the a arm. then I pulled or pushed like a mother and even kicked and I got that SOB in.....the back was harder for me. I kinda did the same thing there. Let the axle down as far as it would go and I had a friend push down on the axle while I budged the spring into place....I couldnt use my isolators......wouldnt have fit at all.

bowens99GT said:
From what I remember is that I put the top of the spring in first and at the bottom I used a crowbar and put somehow put it somewhere on the spring and put the end of crowbar in the hole in the a arm. then I pulled or pushed like a mother and even kicked and I got that SOB in.....the back was harder for me. I kinda did the same thing there. Let the axle down as far as it would go and I had a friend push down on the axle while I budged the spring into place....I couldnt use my isolators......wouldnt have fit at all.
We ended up doing that. We had tried pry baring it in but not while we had spring compressors on. So we did that. Finally, after like 3 hours of struggling in the rain and dark (it's freaking hard) we got ONE side done. The rear is totally done. Took 5 minutes for the passenger rear side today.

Thanks for the tips you guys. We had absolutely no trouble getting my roomate's C springs in, why was it so difficult for me? We literally pushed gently and it went in.

JonJon said:
We ended up doing that. We had tried pry baring it in but not while we had spring compressors on. So we did that. Finally, after like 3 hours of struggling in the rain and dark (it's freaking hard) we got ONE side done. The rear is totally done. Took 5 minutes for the passenger rear side today.

Thanks for the tips you guys. We had absolutely no trouble getting my roomate's C springs in, why was it so difficult for me? We literally pushed gently and it went in.

from one of your posts above, it sounded like you didn't remove the tie rods. If you did not unbolt them, that would have been your problem.

millatime said:
from one of your posts above, it sounded like you didn't remove the tie rods. If you did not unbolt them, that would have been your problem.

If you don't disconnect the tie rods, you will need a spring compressor or a big pry bar to get the spring back in. I didn't disconnect mine when I did my Pro-Kit. I used a spring compressor. Worked like a charm.