Help!! Flooded underpass nightmare

This reminds me of a trip to Colorado I made a few years back. Stayed at a ranch up in the Rockies to go horseback riding. Anyway I come out of the rental one morning and see some guy with a car in pieces all over the parking lot, I mean the trunck was emptied, hood up and tools everywhere. Looked like he had pulled an all nighter. The guy was swearing up a storm about the piece of crap car not starting for no good reason. I looked at all the crap he pulled out of the trunck, looked at the ruts in the road coming in and bingo. Fuel switch is the first thing I think of because it looks like he would have bottomed the car easily. The guy goes ,"Huh?". So I lean in to the truck, hit the switch and say try it. Car started right up and the guy freaks....he spent the next couple of minutes throwing tools into the woods and throwing a fit...later on that afternoon after I got back from some riding he came over and apologized for freaking out (did'nt bother me a bit) and brought me a couple beers...lol. :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm actually not surprised that you were able to go that far with the inertia switch tripped. Before when I was changing my fuel filter I depressurised the system by unplugging the inertia switch and then starting the engine until it stalled, it took 20 minutes even though I was revving the engine now and then. It was sputtering the whole time but it just didn't want to die! :shrug:

ultrashock2112 said:
I'm actually not surprised that you were able to go that far with the inertia switch tripped. Before when I was changing my fuel filter I depressurised the system by unplugging the inertia switch and then starting the engine until it stalled, it took 20 minutes even though I was revving the engine now and then. It was sputtering the whole time but it just didn't want to die! :shrug:

same thing happened to me! except i thought I had relieved all the pressure but I hadnt and ended up wearing a couple pints of gasoline when I disconnected the lines. There is a surprisingly large amount of fuel left even after hitting the inertia switch, but your car will still run like trash because of the low fuel pressure. I'm glad to hear thats all it was though, it could have been much worse.

RED2001GT said:
I would fix the car and then trade it in or sell it and get another Mustang. There's no way that I would want to keep a car after getting rear ended and with motor damage. Even if a new engine was put in the car, the car wouldn't be the same again because of the collision.

I find this statement so funny. I make a living off of fixing cars and selling used parts like millions of other people. Usually everybody who says this has gotten screwed by a shop that doesn't know how to properly fix cars or lay nice flat paint. You should look at or drive the cars I fix you'd never tell.

Water in the plugs? Washed my engine like I usually do, two weeks later bad misfires, seals around plug cover not put on right from factory, thus water in plugs. Big mess, Cobra only has 33k miles, replaced 2 plugs and two exciters, bad rust, but cleaned up nicely, must have leaked several times befor causing my problem.