Help Identify This Vacuum(?) Line.

Revogen

May 10, 2016
This is attached to what I think was my ac... not sure where the open end should be attached or if something needs to be plugged. This is 87 GT that po deleted ac. Thanks all.

Attachments

• IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    440.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Sponsors (?)

Sorry for my ignorance here... The little black unit bolted to the back of the passenger side shock tower, it has a round cover. Both lines go into (or come from) it. They then go into the splitter (other pic) and out comes the one tiny (maybe 1/8") vacuum line that was just laying behind the intake.

Sorry for my ignorance here... The little black unit bolted to the back of the passenger side shock tower, it has a round cover. Both lines go into (or come from) it. They then go into the splitter (other pic) and out comes the one tiny (maybe 1/8") vacuum line that was just laying behind the intake.
Ok, I looked at my 89 to verify, that hooks to manifold vacuum, if you have a stock intake it will connect to the vacuum tree in the back of intake

I don't know about the vents/defrost, po said no heat (I think it has been disabled, probably due to a spent heater core), and the ac has been (partially) removed so never messed with vents. Still trying to figure out A. exactly what I have and B. What kind of surgery po did... Joy.
Thanks for your help Karthef!!

OK. I can't get a pick but I have found what appears to be some kind of plug back of the intake, looks like a small golf tee with a sheetrock (black) screww in it. So if this is for climate control stuff and seems to be plugged at the intake it shouldn't affect operation or should I somehow plug this line also? I plan to fix all the heat/ac stuff, but that's all "later on" stuff... Thanks again...

Ok, your ac vacuum line plugs into oblong block that is bolted to the firewall behind the intake, the vacuum line you are likely dealing with gos to the switch/solenoids on the back of the passenger shock tower, that the one that plugs into the tree at the back of the intake. That golf tee looking thing is the other end of the line you had in your hand, pull the golf tee thing off the tree, pull the screw out and insert the plastic line into the rubber golf tee thing and stick it back onto the vacuum tree.

Ok, your ac vacuum line plugs into oblong block that is bolted to the firewall behind the intake, the vacuum line you are likely dealing with gos to the switch/solenoids on the back of the passenger shock tower, that the one that plugs into the tree at the back of the intake. That golf tee looking thing is the other end of the line you had in your hand, pull the golf tee thing off the tree, pull the screw out and insert the plastic line into the rubber golf tee thing and stick it back onto the vacuum tree.
I will try this, thanks again.

Thats switch/solenoid is tab/tad and something else I can't remember what its called, for you thermactor stuff, I figure your 'air' pump is not there.
Honestly, I don't know. I'm learning as I go, first mustang, first time trying to do more than a brake changes or spark plugs...
You guys have been a great help so far though!!! I do know there are no cats and it has what I think are underdrive pulleys (with the ac one deleted). I'm still trying to figure out what is supposed to be here, so I can figure out what to fix/replace, etc.