Help identifying Cobra upper and lower intake

citmov

10 Year Member
Sep 25, 2009
Chi-town
could anyone help with identifying these upper and lower intakes? these are some parts I picked up along the way and trying to figure out what's what. any help would be appreciated.

1st upper:
RF-F3ZE-9425-CB
is this a real 1993 Cobra upper?
View attachment 204421

1st lower:
RF-F87E-9K461-BA
what is this from? Cobra? non-cobra? explorer?
IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

2nd lower:
RF-F4ZE-9K461-B
what about this one?
IMG_5178.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

1st upper is a real 1993 cobra intake. It either came off a real cobra, or was sold in the ford racing kit up until 2003 when they went to china.

F8 lower is technically a ford explorer intake, but in this case, it's modified from the factory for the 1993 cobra intake. You can tell because the act is tapped along with the rear coolant return ports. This lower intake came paired with the f3 upper intake in the ford racing kits from 1996 to 2003. This lower and the f3 upper together would tell me it's a frpp kit cobra intake.

The f4 lower I think is a 1994-1995 cobra lower intake. I have to research that a bit

1st upper is a real 1993 cobra intake. It either came off a real cobra, or was sold in the ford racing kit up until 2003 when they went to china.

F8 lower is technically a ford explorer intake, but in this case, it's modified from the factory for the 1993 cobra intake. You can tell because the act is tapped along with the rear coolant return ports. This lower intake came paired with the f3 upper intake in the ford racing kits from 1996 to 2003. This lower and the f3 upper together would tell me it's a frpp kit cobra intake.

The f4 lower I think is a 1994-1995 cobra lower intake. I have to research that a bit

THANK YOU THANK YOU! Much appreciated! Let me know if you find any info on the F4 lower. BTW...i bought that with a GT Tubular Upper Intake. Not sure if that helps but thought I would throw that out there for FYI. Thanks again!

It is a 94-95 lower....but it's been modified to have the act and coolant return hoses. So my guess is that it's an old gt40 intake lower if it came with the gt40 upper.

Was prob the kit that was sold from 1993-1996, because after that I think they came with the f8 lower pictured above

The F4 is technically the better lower to use. The ports where it meets the heads are slightly larger than the F8 lower if you compare them.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge difference. You might want to ask Tmoss though, but porting an F4 lower might give better results than an F8 lower

The F4 is technically the better lower to use. The ports where it meets the heads are slightly larger than the F8 lower if you compare them.

However, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge difference. You might want to ask Tmoss though, but porting an F4 lower might give better results than an F8 lower

cool, thanks. I'm most likely not going to do a swap with my stock intake until the spring but I do need to make a choice between the 2 so I can have it prepped. decisions decisions!