Engine Help with gaskets

bhackney

Feb 16, 2023
I have a bad leak from my lower intake gaskets. I found this number on the intake: rf-f87e-9k461-ba. I need help finding the right gaskets for it. I have aluminum heads but i don’t know what brand or kind they are. I believe i have a gt40 intake but not sure. Can anyone help?

• Sponsors (?)

You do not need to purchase from the vendor I provide links for but here are the parts:

Lower

This comes with two gaskets but they are handy to have around:

Upper

I would suggest that you do [not] use the cork or rubber end pieces of the lower intake gasket. Eliminate those and use a bead of your favorite black RTV. I prefer this:

With aluminum heads, there is always a small gap between the engine deck surface and the bottom of the heads. It is just outboard, on each side, of where the cork gaskets [would] go if you used them. You [must] ensure you visually ID this gap and fill it with RTV when you run the bead along the front and back. [This] is likely where your current leak is.

You do not need to purchase from the vendor I provide links for but here are the parts:

Lower

This comes with two gaskets but they are handy to have around:

Upper

I would suggest that you do [not] use the cork or rubber end pieces of the lower intake gasket. Eliminate those and use a bead of your favorite black RTV. I prefer this:

With aluminum heads, there is always a small gap between the engine deck surface and the bottom of the heads. It is just outboard, on each side, of where the cork gaskets [would] go if you used them. You [must] ensure you visually ID this gap and fill it with RTV when you run the bead along the front and back. [This] is likely where your current leak is.
Thank you for the help. So does that casting number confirm that i do have a gt40 intake?

Thank you for the help. So does that casting number confirm that i do have a gt40 intake?

Checkout this thread: