Help identifying two wires in steering column grouping?

Good day, I am working a project that I purchase partially started. a 1992 Mustang LX, It started life as an Auto but currently has a T5 in it. Converted to a Holley Sniper 2 with an on3 Performance turbo and a Dakota digital dash. I am starting to assemble dash and steering column and I have found a few wires I cannot identity, they are in with the bundle of multipurpose switches. looks to be a Red with yellow stripe and an Orange with yellow stripe, they are not wrapped and each has a spade connector. They were running along with the parking lockout plug for the Auto that I am no longer using. I want to put my column back up and in (first time since about 2018) but I am not sure where these guys go and I really do not want to pull the main harness apart to trace. there are not long enough to anywhere than under the steering column.

Attachments

• Wires 1.jpg
    Wires 1.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 17
  • Wires 2.jpg
    Wires 2.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Sponsors (?)

Pulled my 93 wiring schematics out and from what I can tell the orange/yellow comes from the hazard switch over to the turn signal switch.

IMG_2777.jpg

The red/yellow comes from the fuse panel and goes to the chime module.

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

So I understand the Orange / yellow was missing in the Connector. However the Red/Yellow looks to be about 12/10ga and is coming from the same direction. I am not sure how it would reach over to the Location for the chime as I have no connector that looks like the Chime connector illustrated, not close enough for that wire to reach? I will keep looking for it. You schematics are very helpful AeroCoupe.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to update that I located that red wire with a yellow stripe's location. I was trolling harnesses for sale on Ebay trying to find a good picture of the multi-function switches and I found this. That is the correct gauge wires and mine is missing the one on the end so I guess that is it. Thank you everyone for the help.
1718283376433.png

I do have another question on the main harness that leaves the firewall forward on the drivers side. I did order the book that was recommended but it is not in yet and I have time tomorrow to work on the car so I am hoping you folks can indulge me once more and answer the "What is this for?" lables on the next photo. I want to pull the harness to the fender to do a wire tuck but would like to understand what I can omit. I assumed the blue connector was for the air bag sensors? I think I have most of it figured out. Think the only connections I really need are (Fire wall forward) 2 wiper motor connections, Headlight harness connector, on the Solenoid the Power window, ignition trigger, fuse box lead and then the ground (Eventually the battery, starter and alternator). Then the horn connection, not sure what that other piece is on the end.
1718283844274.png