Help me find a clutch cable please :)

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
I need a clutch cable and adjustable firewall quad. I talked to a buddy and he told me something about the ends of the clutch cable being certain colors. He said to get the one with either the white or yellow end, and to stay away from the black one becasue the black one is tapered and if it doesnt seat perfectly, it will snap off. He also said i can just get a ford OEM cable as long as the colors are ok. Ive never heard anyone talk about this...can someone kinda help me out here as far as what i should get?

its on a 1991 Lx
Hanlon rebuilt T-5
Super King Cobra Clutch
Stock resurfaced flywheel (balanced with motor)

• Sponsors (?)

I have never heard of that. And I have never snapped an end off of even junk ass Autozone cables. If its made for our cars it should be fine (whether the cable itself will last long, who knows). The stress of the cable isn't on the plastic mounting ends. Its on the sleeve itself. So I dunno. I would reccomend the Ford one first. But any of the good name brands should be fine.

Get a Ford OEM non adjustable cable,aftermarket cables are junk.

If the dealer wants too much look at Ford Racing part #M-7553-A302.
It`s the OEM non adjustable cable that comes with a new clutch fork.

Summit racing sells it for like $39.00.

As for firewall adjusters,I`d get the Fiore Micro Click and Fiore quadrant.

Ive got a tremec 3550 centerforce dual friction,adj cable,firewall adj,and adj quad.Go through about 1 cable a year,but thats probly my fault for revving with the clutch to the floor and the clutch pushes it up.i dont think i ve even seen a cable with a black end.Just go with the gut and buy what you can you'll be allright.