help me identify this part...

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
its located right behind the bottom left corner of the radiator (if standing in front of the car) its a little black box that has some sort of filter in it...the ends have been cut or chewed off of the filter box...is it something i can just remove (emissions or something)? thanks-

• Sponsors (?)

If you are in an emission state you are going to need it. Its supposed to recirculate unburned gasoline fumes back to the tank.

Mine is disconnected and I never noticed anything different. Others swear their car reeks of gasoline when its taken off.

same here no cats and dumped exhaust...it hasn't been connected since ive owned the car (since last october)...the lines that plug to the canister have been chewed off it looks like...so im going to take it off...smog pump too.

That canister has nothing to do with the smog pump or cats.

It takes gasoline vapors (which are explosive BTW) from your gas tank, passes them through activated charcoal, and then draws it into the engine to be burned off.

If you remove it, you need to vent the line in a safe location where the fumes will disappate, and install a vented gas cap.