Help me make my car more enjoyable

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
I'm not really into drag racing anymore. I pulled the drah suspension from the front. Right now the only thing stock on my suspension or rear end is struts and shocks.

I'm thinking a aluminum driveshaft. That is if its smoother at high rpms on the freeway. Can anyone verify this.
A couple more things are a strut tower brace or a MM lower chassis brace. Anyone notice a difference in the lower chassis brace or strut tower brace.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

MustangLife said:
I guess the aluminum driveshaft is a waste than besides the 7 pounds of weight it dropped.

Any update on your car. Weren't you getting cpr rails?

Josh
A lot of people claim to feel a difference with the ds but a lot of people also claim to "feel" a difference by putting a tb on their car too so I guess everyone's different.

The car is currently under the knife getting it's 6th power adder so no updates right now. I did indeed get the cpr rails but have since sold them as they will not work with the new combo.

MustangLife said:
You think you can get 750 rwhp out of her, with the new setup.

Josh
Don't know just yet. I've gone a different direction with it and started on another more agressive car so we'll see what happens. I do know Dave (GI Joe) should tap pretty close to that. His preliminary numbers are over on modularmustangs.net from sundays dyno session.

micool said:
A lot of people claim to feel a difference with the ds but a lot of people also claim to "feel" a difference by putting a tb on their car too so I guess everyone's different.

The car is currently under the knife getting it's 6th power adder so no updates right now. I did indeed get the cpr rails but have since sold them as they will not work with the new combo.

Nobody can feel a performance difference from 7lbs. But i definitely felt a reduction in transmition noise and all the noise coming from the shifter went away as well as all the vibrations. it's worthit in that regard, especially on the freeway @ high speeds :nice: