Help me pick my next carry gun.

I'll be picking up another gun shortly for my girlfriend so will be looking at some of the ones posted above. I'm surprised that you like to carry a laser on each of your guns :shrug:

I carry a glock22 daily and use a springfield xd for personal carry most of the time.
 
I'll be picking up another gun shortly for my girlfriend so will be looking at some of the ones posted above. I'm surprised that you like to carry a laser on each of your guns :shrug:

I carry a glock22 daily and use a springfield xd for personal carry most of the time.

The lasers and flashlights are for my wife. She feels comfortable with visual aids in case she really needs to use it. She's afraid she might hit something else other than her target, I've taken the guess work away from her. She knows how to shoot don't get me wrong, it's actually having to use it which if not been in that moment is totally different than shooting paper at a range. She shoots everything very well.

I carry it like this because they are not easy to take on and off. As you've noticed the carry gun will also have a laser. I really like the molded laser as it looks apart of the gun, not just a bulky attachment.
 
I was once told to carry what I'm most comfortable shooting. I was looking into sub-compact Glocks and when I tried one, there is no way I can use it. So G17 or G19 it is for me. I know you don't want a Glock, but you can use the same logic here with an array of pistols.
 
I was once told to carry what I'm most comfortable shooting. I was looking into sub-compact Glocks and when I tried one, there is no way I can use it. So G17 or G19 it is for me. I know you don't want a Glock, but you can use the same logic here with an array of pistols.



Whoever told you that was a wise person. It's doesn't matter how cool it looks etc, or how much you like it. You should always carry what you are proficient with & that is proven reliable. You owe it to yourself & others to verify both.

There are weapons that I really liked & wanted to carry, but when I was testing them out they just didn't work. For instance, I bought a M&P9c a couple years ago for a CC weapon. It shot flawlessly, & was surprisingly accurate for a sub-compact. However, it would randomly drop the mag release. I found out later it was a common problem with some of the first runs & has since been corrected. After that happening twice I benched it from carry & it was a safe queen for a bit until it got traded off.
 
I've decided I wanted this for my next carry
Screen-shot-2011-01-24-at-10.17.59-AM.jpg


But currently I carry a Glock 23.
 
Another glock carrier! I was always a hater on the glock series until I actually began to use/shoot one and have yet to have any issues on it. I don't have an option on what I carry as you have to follow policy but they are great and I lack negative things to say about them.
 
I've decided I wanted this for my next carry
Screen-shot-2011-01-24-at-10.17.59-AM.jpg


But currently I carry a Glock 23.

my dad has the Taurus Public Defender like that... sweet gun but man, those 410 shells KICK.

taurus_judge_polymer_public_defender___410_ga_1768.jpg


I have an XDSC in 9mm... great little gun
<iframe title ="Preview" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:320px;height:240px;padding:0;background-color:#fcfcfc;" src="https://skydrive.live.com/embedphoto.aspx/SA%20XD9-SC/XD9SC%20^54^6.jpg?cid=e927d0de348e8ad6&sc=photos"></iframe>
 
Totally agree to carry what's comfortable and that's why I chose the Walther and not the Glock. Don't like the barrel angle and thickness of Glock but love the thiness and stock of Walther. I also don't like the rooster tail of the Glock, I'm always choking up, I've got a nice scar from slide bite shooting a 19.

Ah, "The Judge" revolver by Taurus which shoots shotgun shells, that's hysterical. That's something I couldn't carry.

I've always like the XD's, I'm going to check those out as well.
 
F**k, leave it to S&W to put a small caliber shotgun shell into a revolver. F**king love it! VibrantRedGT, remember this, caliber doesn't matter much. If you're on the receiving end, you won't know the difference.

Where have you been? Taurus has been doing this for a few years with their Judge lineup. Heck, there was a smaller off-brand company that had a .410/45 Colt revolver back in the '90s too. While it's not for CC, I'd like a Taurus Raging Judge, shoots 2.5" and 3" .410, 45 Colt, and .454 Casull!