help me price my car

valdre331

Dec 6, 2006
hello everyone,

i was hoping you guys could help me price my car. i am thinking about seeling it, hoever i not sure what to list it at.

so here are the details of the car

93 mustang gt
black with grey interior.

engine is a 331 all forged 4340 crank, rods, and probe 10:1 pistons.
heads and intake are trickflow track heat.
f 303 cam.
30 lbs injectors, 90mm maf with sct 4 bank chip.
1 5/8 shorty header with upr x pipe, and flowmaster exhaust.

suspension is kyb shocks with h&r srpings.

brakes are cobra 13 in in front and 11 in rear.

17x9 american racing rebel wheels, kumho tires 235/45/17 and 255/40/17

and that is pretty much it.

the car has absolutely no rust, and has never seen snow, is garage keep all year. i am the second owner. the engine was built this year, and i only drove it for about 3000 miles. so i not really sure how fast it is. it does feel as quick as my previous combo, which was a stock 302 with heads and intake. vortech a trim with 9 lbs of boost.

anyhow any ideas would be greatly appriciated. thanks for you time everyone.

• Sponsors (?)

where do you live? that has a lot to do with prices. up here in canada, a 5.0 stang that doesnt have major rust starts around $5000, regardless of mods or mileage etc. and it just goes up from there. its much different in different areas.......
i could probably get $12k for my car with my mods around here, but some places in the US (from what i've seen on here), i'd maybe get $3-4K i'm guessing!

where do you live? that has a lot to do with prices. up here in canada, a 5.0 stang that doesnt have major rust starts around $5000, regardless of mods or mileage etc. and it just goes up from there. its much different in different areas.......
i could probably get $12k for my car with my mods around here, but some places in the US (from what i've seen on here), i'd maybe get $3-4K i'm guessing!

I really dont seeing you get 12k for your car anywhere. canada,us, mexico, what makes you think its worth so much? curious

hey guys, i live in montreal, and you right here the price is much higher than what you might find in the rest of the states. i know that most early 90's models (lx) mostly will sell north of 10,000. however i want to price for it to sell. i can tell you that building the engine along was close to that price. i was hoping for at least 14,500. but if that too much well i not sure. however i can tell you this. i had to take into ford for an airbag recall, and the ford dealers had said they had never seen a cleaner car.

I really dont seeing you get 12k for your car anywhere. canada,us, mexico, what makes you think its worth so much? curious

fox bodies are just rare around here, and with the oil boom, prices for everything have gone up. my car is certainly nothing special, but aside from my listed mods, i have a lot more in the car. new rear tires alone were almost $800 for example, but there is a lot of other things i have done to it. until a couple month's ago, a mod that you guys in the states pay $300 for would usually cost me close to $600. (and that is even with ordering from the US websites, but then having to pay for shipping and duties, but it was still slightly less than buying locally.) local canadian retailers are almost 2x as expensive for parts than the states. i also have less than 12,000 km on a rebuilt engine. it's clean, and rust free with good paint and tasteful mods. never seen the track. any rust free 5.0 starts at about $5000 around here. i know my car would go for around 3-5k some places in the states, but its a totally different market here. canadian winters eat older cars up. i see many more new $100,000+ cars daily than i do foxes. that's not an exaggeration by any means either.

well my car has never been in the rain let alone snow. i would say its probably 98% as clean as when it left the factory. what would be a fair price. do you think i could ask for 12,000 canadian dollars?

i think that's a pretty fair price. if i were in the market, the extra mods would actually deter me from paying more, because i'd have to assume the car has seen a fair bit of abuse. i've seen cars like that go for over $15k around here, but you should post some pics up too!