Help: Mustang II myth list

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
oklahoma
I'm putting together a mustang II myth list. Here is what I have so far. I'm going to post it on my cars webpage and hope to teach people a few things about II's. If anyone can think of anymore post em up!

"the final list will contain more details"

1. II's were not offered with a 5.0
2. II's did not sell well.
3. II's are just a redesigned pinto
4. No one sells II parts.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like fun!

1) Mustang II's were the slowest Mustangs. 79 had virtually the same engine 80 and 81 had the 255!!!! The majority of 60's 70's Mustangs did mid 17 second quarter miles.

2) There was never a Mustang II Mach 1 (Really? I have one) :D

3)Carol Shelby built the Cobra II

Ones I heard just last week:

"The Mustang II is built on a Pinto platform" (actually the Pinto was updated in '74 to match the Mustang and still only about 10% of the parts interchange)

"The Mustang II used only re-cycled steel like tin cans, that's why they are all rust buckets" (This from a "classic" owner at my last club meeting)

Turbo II said:

"The Mustang II is built on a Pinto platform" (actually the Pinto was updated in '74 to match the Mustang and still only about 10% of the parts interchange)

"The Mustang II used only re-cycled steel like tin cans, that's why they are all rust buckets" (This from a "classic" owner at my last club meeting)

Thats why i dont join any local clubs. I dont have the temperment for dealing with people like that.

Turbo II said:

wow what an idiot! They might be rust buckets because people believe too much of that b.s. and dont restore them!