Crown vic lover

Jul 11, 2019
I have a 1995 mustang get 5.0 that recently the fuel pump went at least that’s what we thought so we replaced the pump tried starting the car and the fuel pump wasn’t getting power to it we checked the relays, fuses the wiring so we manually wire the fuel pump with a switch and we got the fuel pump running and still the car wouldn’t start we we check for spark and car has no spark and fuel pump is out what is my problem I have replaced distributor, coil the ccm and so many other things it has to be electrical I’m guessing if anyone knows anything about this problem please help me !

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1995 mustang get 5.0 that recently the fuel pump went at least that’s what we thought so we replaced the pump tried starting the car and the fuel pump wasn’t getting power to it we checked the relays, fuses the wiring so we manually wire the fuel pump with a switch and we got the fuel pump running and still the car wouldn’t start we we check for spark and car has no spark and fuel pump is out what is my problem I have replaced distributor, coil the ccm and so many other things it has to be electrical I’m guessing if anyone knows anything about this problem please help me !

Check the PIP sensor.. it's inside the dizzy.. or just go swap out new dizzy again (if it's a refurb like most get at local shops). I had to go through 3 of them last time to get one that worked lol.

This will show you how to diagnose your problem, the 94-5 specific stuff is in color highlighted.
I am thinking the pip or the tfi but do the checklist, it will save you from chasing your tail.

Do you have the original distributor? Follow the checklist karthief linked to. Parts store distributors are notorious for failures. Repair your original dist with genuine Motorcraft parts. Don't have the original? rebuild the rebuilt if it is an OEM casting, if not get an OEM from ebay or elsewhere and fix it

Agree with the above, the TFI is also prone to burning up, it's located under the airbox mounted to a heat-sink. They're more durable than the Foxbody version that is mounted directly to the distributor, but they'll still burn up over time when the heat-sink grease dries up. I replaced my PIP years ago in the stock distributor, it's not a hard job, just don't mushroom the end of the shaft that slides into the oil pump while tapping off the gear. In general to save the headache, I suggest doing the PIP and TFI at the same time. Usually when one fails the other isn't far behind, and while not super-cheap nor super expensive, it's worth it to avoid the stalling and tow-truck hassle.