Help on exhaust for 91 lx 5.0!!!!!

CIMCO91LX5.0

May 11, 2005
I just bought a 1991 LX 5.0 and it's completely stock! Can anyone help/give me advice on what I should do for an exhaust set up! I am new to mustangs and this is my first. I want it so people can hear me comming from a mile away. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks alot people.

• Sponsors (?)

first thing would be to search past posts here you will find your question answered many times already. I would recomend to figure out whether you want Shortie or longtube headers, x or h pipe, with or without cats, and then of course mufflers. my opionion loud would be headers, x pipe, and mac flowpaths. you will be heard a mile away

flowpaths = godly..i personally went and did my whole exhause at once..MAC Equal length shorties (kinda hard to fit, shoulda went w. unequal), UPR offroad x pipe (fit like a glove), and welded in the flowpaths. sounds awesome and felt a difference in performance ;)

Some janitor at my school had an '88 LX Notchback with a full MAC Exhaust that sounded pretty good. One of my friends has a '96 GT 5spd, with a UPR Off-Road X-pipe with BBK long-tube headers and a Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back system which sounds loud and good. I have a Mac Off-Road H-Pipe, MAC 1 5/8 Equal Length Headers, MAC Tailpipes and Flowmaster 10 series Delta Force (1 Chambered) race mufflers which are extremely loud. My cousin UnderPressureGT has DynoMax Race Bullets which are very loud also. There are a lot out there, even Spintech Pro Streets have a good sound. If you get an X-Pipe it will sound raspy, but nice, and if you get a H-Pipe it will sound deeper and louder than the X-Pipe. Hope you pick a good one.