Help & Opinion Please

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a bus ticket would be a more reliable option.

As the others have said and from the information that you have given us, this car is not worth investing a single penny in. That's about as nice as I can put it.
Drive it to FL, if it breaks down on the side of the road sell it for that bus ticket.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think you are going to get the answer you want to hear on here. Pretty everyones opinion on here (and per your request) is performance oriented. There really is no way to make your current car worth the effort unless it was a donor and you have a engine/trans/rear end etc. on the back burner waiting to be put in.

As far as your current platform is concerned, unless you have a emotional attachment to it i would sell it. You will spend more money than it is worth to make it anything close to fast to enjoy. Even now you have yet to make it reliable.

There are too many other options to get into for the money than to start with what you have. You need to do more research before you buy a car and you need to know what you want from it realistically. To say a 350 wont fit and heads effect the transmissions indicates inexperience. $6500 is a lot of dinero to start with and could get you a really nice starter car.

Just my .02.

The grammar and punctuation is atrocious (reminds me of someone we were dogging on recently..)
Except he had enough sense to actually work on a car that wasn't a blown up, hagged out SN 95,...that from the looks of it probably was just as wet inside, as it was outside when it rained.

As soon as she posted pics, made the Oklahoman ricer comment, stated her age, and asked if you could replace the convertible roof w/ a hard top,...I decided that this was gonna go nowhere.

Reactions: 2 users
Let's change modes for a bit fellow Stangnetters.

After a brief conversation with the OP, I am fairly convinced that she does in-fact wish to purchase and build something that is street-potent. She doesn't really know where to start, what to do, or how to proceed. We have in our midst someone that needs all you veteran gear-heads to help guide from square 1.

For some, it may be too long ago to remember ( @madmike1157 :D ) , but I for one remember a time where I knew so little that I didn't even know what questions to ask.

So let's pour on the advice and see if we can come up with a viable plan to get this lady on the street and be feared by all the chit talking V-tak owners. If that means scrapping the current car (which I agree with) then lets see if we can come up with a plan that's more effective and explain why.

I see good advise in this thread already but now there's the task of making it understood as to WHY it's good advise.

I for one would LOVE to see this member end up with a project that's impressive in the REAL world and within her budget. :nice:

I think all the good advice has been given, repeated and possibly somewhat ignored by the OP hence my sarcastic post about tacos and tp.

However I'll suck it up and give it a go.

OP, Mustangs are dime a dozen and we all love a good project to work on and create something that we can call unique and our own. I am one of them and there are no shortage of like minded Mustang gear heads on this site that shares that passion. However to purchase a V6 convertible and then spend a bunch of $$$$ to make it a hard top V8 is a WASTE OF MONEY that could be better spent elsewhere. You bought that car as a mistake but don't live with it, get rid of it. You will spend lots of money just to get that car to where a regular V8 GT hard top already is. Then you'll get burned out and sell it for a LOSS and have to start over again. I already bit off more than I can chew once and had to get out from underneath it to start over at a better point. Please get rid of the V6 vert and go buy something that's already a V8 and in driving condition. Trust me there will still be a ton of work to do to make it nicer, faster and to have your custom touch to make it "yours" and for less money and headache than your current vehicle.

Summary, sell your current project, purchase an original V8 hard top Mustang with desired auto/manual trans and let the build start from there and we will help you along the way.

P.S.
A little lesson, don't talk chit about your roommate being a "retarded" know it all and then inquire if heads are associated with a transmission replacement which the answer to that is NO.

Reactions: 2 users
Let's change modes for a bit fellow Stangnetters.

After a brief conversation with the OP, I am fairly convinced that she does in-fact wish to purchase and build something that is street-potent. She doesn't really know where to start, what to do, or how to proceed. We have in our midst someone that needs all you veteran gear-heads to help guide from square 1.

For some, it may be too long ago to remember ( @madmike1157 :D ) , but I for one remember a time where I knew so little that I didn't even know what questions to ask.

So let's pour on the advice and see if we can come up with a viable plan to get this lady on the street and be feared by all the chit talking V-tak owners. If that means scrapping the current car (which I agree with) then lets see if we can come up with a plan that's more effective and explain why.

I see good advise in this thread already but now there's the task of making it understood as to WHY it's good advise.

I for one would LOVE to see this member end up with a project that's impressive in the REAL world and within her budget. :nice:

The difference between myself, and the lady, while I would admit to knowing NOTHING at 19, it was obvious that for all of the advice given here to her was going in one eye, and out the other.
I think (having already lived my life) that there was some advice that I actually listened to, while
most advised me to ditch the Ford, and build a Chevy, fortunately, that was advice I chose to ignore.

Good advice was given over, and over as to ditching a 3 strike loser for a car, and wisely reinvesting that money in a more viable platform that would be a better launch point than a hagged out SN 95 w/ a blown V6. All you have to do to reaffirm that to yourself is to look at how many times that had been mentioned.

The comment I made about how long she was going to ignore that advice, was spot on.

All anybody has to do is read the OP. (All of it) to make a determination of how these things are gonna end up:

I got a car.

It's blown up.

I want to replace everything.

I need a powerful engine so I can win a race, but wont murder my wheels.

I live in OKC where people are religious and don't believe in fast pretty cars unless it's a Japenese car.

I have 6500.00 to spend. I'm currently in this one for 500.00

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Last edited:
You know this whole post would have gone much better if it was started with "hey my name is (insert female name)". We would have quickly identified the single and desperate guys in the group.

Nobody would have been rude either.

I've seen v6's converted to efi v8's, even to carb'ed v8's. It's a nightmare. Even worse these are people who payed to have it done. It's not cost effective even if you do it at home, so imagine how bad it is if you pay.

You know this whole post would have gone much better if it was started with "hey my name is (insert female name)". We would have quickly identified the single desperates
Nah, they knew and they have been identified, the 1st few fellas who responded. She had a pic of herself for a bit as her whatchamacallit. One fella even sent a pm I do believe.