Help & Opinion Please

So I currently drive a 95 ford mustang,not GT or cobra,just a base convertable
I ive never had a mustang until now,
I HAD a 67 Chevy impala,but I got into a car accident,and the insurance company only gave me back 7k
so I had to improvise,I dont really dig imports
I bought this car from a guy(it was only 500$,so my budget is 6,500$) who had not only completely ruined some of the car up by driving with a broken water pump,therefore the heads warped,he replace the water tank and heads,but didnt put coolant in it,so heads wound up re warped.so I know i have to replace them,but as far as they go,I do not know which heads I need.
it's 3.8 L V 6-cylinder,5 speed, 145 hp @ 4000 rpm,it has 135,000 miles on it,
Keep in mind,im a 19 year old female,I can answer most of this :poo:,but not all of it,my grandpa taught me on how to fix cars and stuff,but I never truly got into it untill he passed away last year,so please bare with me,

now my situation is,I got offerd to race at a track,just basic drag strip race.
and I need a good engine with some good horse power,
my retarded roommate(who thinks he knows it all because he can fix his truck) tried telling me to put in a 350,but I feel as if its going to be too big,so I know im going to need a small stock.
the engine currently in it I have no idea, I havent really started messing with it yet,
but I have pictures,if that will help,
so my questions are as far as this goes,
Is it possible to change the convertible top to a hard top,(probably one you can take off and put back on)
What would be the best engine for enough horsepower that wont totally ruin my car
What engine isn't going to murder my wheels
Head gaskets?
Should I just go ahead and replace my transmission?(usually the heads is associated with that? )
I mean she starts and drives,but due to the heads currently,I dont want to drive her,and ruin my temporary engine completely.

Now as far as the body goes, please don't pay attention to it,because im currently getting ready to plasti-dip it, until I can figure out what I want to do permanently in colors

so if you guys could help me out a bit,That'd be great,

Attachments

• 00H0H_73d0Zw1mdD5_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_73d0Zw1mdD5_600x450.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 00H0H_he2XCfIUpIY_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_he2XCfIUpIY_600x450.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 00O0O_6KDZRmeAZe4_600x450.jpg
    00O0O_6KDZRmeAZe4_600x450.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 01616_2BZWO8C9OQc_600x450.jpg
    01616_2BZWO8C9OQc_600x450.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Sponsors (?)

If you only have $500 into the V6, sell it for a profit, increase your budget and buy a nice GT with a blower and A/C. It'll make more than enough power to handle most cars at the track and you don't have to work on it or worry about reliability as much. Let's not forget the instant gratification factor as opposed to ordering, waiting, installing, tuning, etc.

Reactions: 2 users
If you only have $500 into the V6, sell it for a profit, increase your budget and buy a nice GT with a blower and A/C. It'll make more than enough power to handle most cars at the track and you don't have to work on it or worry about reliability as much. Let's not forget the instant gratification factor as opposed to ordering, waiting, installing, tuning, etc.

Sadly I live in bible vile oklahoma city,they dont beleive in fast pretty cars,unless its a ricer(honda)so I just have to maintain with the typical one for now

suprisingly its not but I plan on keeping her untill I can fix her and sell her for double profit
No offense to you but it's a ragged out v6 convertible sn95 with a blown motor. Thats 4 strikes. I admire your determination but would really advise against it. You'll get advise to put a 302/t5/8.8 in it as all. Also a complete wash as the car will still hold no value. Put it on Craigslist for $1,500. Take $1,000, make someone feel like they got a good deal and try again

Reactions: 2 users
Properly running v8 sn95's are dirt cheap.
No sense building something you can buy.
Probably cost you 10 times as much.

Sell it and buy the car you want.
Mustangs aren't good for flipping, there is just too many of them out there.

Reactions: 1 users
So I currently drive a 95 ford mustang,ho had not only completely ruined some of the car up by driving with a broken water pump,therefore the heads warped,he replace the water tank and heads,but didnt put coolant in it,so heads wound up re warped.

Considering the engine, it's junk. If you're going to bother fixing it (which you shouldn't), it needs to go

now my situation is,I got offerd to race at a track,just basic drag strip race.
and I need a good engine with some good horse power,
my retarded roommate tried telling me to put in a 350,but I feel as if its going to be too big,so I know im going to need a small stock.
I'm guessing you mean small block,
Which a 350 is. Chevy engine is more trouble than it's worth, especially in your case.If you're going to bother fixing it (which you shouldn't), explorer 302.

Is it possible to change the convertible top to a hard top,(probably one you can take off and put back on)
Yes, but no.

What would be the best engine for enough horsepower that wont totally ruin my car
See above

What engine isn't going to murder my wheels
I'm not even sure what this means

Head gaskets?
If you're going to bother fixing it (which you shouldn't), it needs an engine.

Should I just go ahead and replace my transmission?(usually the heads is associated with that? )
These are not related

Sounds like a bus ticket would be a more reliable option.

As the others have said and from the information that you have given us, this car is not worth investing a single penny in. That's about as nice as I can put it.

Reactions: 3 users