help please...347 5speed swap into 01?????

• Sponsors (?)

Not really a direct swap.

It will bolt into the K-member if I remember correctly (correct me if i'm wrong), but I am not sure how well it will be positioned in the engine bay.

If you are running fuel injection you need to use a 5.0 wire harness, and computer. It will pretty much be wire hell.

If you run carb you will run into wierd issues from stuff that is normally computer controlled.

You will need a transmission that fill fit a 5.0 based motor. T-5 is probaly your best bet, unless they make bell housing adaptors to make a T-3650 fit to a 5.0.

347's can be bad ass little motors, but unless you are dead set on doing this swap, i'd stick with something modular.

94-95 K member, and basically everything 94-95 EFI related. The things I can think of off hand are:

• Engine harness
  • EEC and harness
  • 5.0 K member
  • 94-95 gauge cluster and dash harness
  • Fuel return line
  • SBF specific bellhousing and transmission (T-45/TR-3650 won't bolt to the SBF, only the 4.6/5.4)
  • 94-95 accessory brackets. You might be able to use Fox brackets, and they'd be easier to source
  • Vacuum assist brake booster and master cylinder, unless you figure a way to adape the Hydraboost to the older style power steering system

Those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. You'd lose your traction control if you have it as an option on your 01. I'm honestly not sure if the S351 was OBD-II, but if it was, you may even still be able to pass an emissions test by using that EEC, if you're able to source parts from one. You'd proabably be best off finding a 94-95 to use for parts, because you're going to need a lot of them.

it is a 3.8 car i got just to do the swap so it will be a fun project, well probobly not to fun but worth it in the end.

it will be fuel injected and im acually planning on a tko 600 or t56, and plus either a small turbo or a mid sized supercharger d-1 or something and im ordering the short block from dss im either getting the x or xr shortblock. but i want a new edge to salleen kit and have something that looks nice and runs its ass off. but it will be just a street car/weekend driver i cant afford to blow all this money and go race and break it right away. im just trying to figure out what i need to start off with so i can start ordering and putting this thing together hopefully have the motor and trans in and running this year and next spring get the power adder.

I'm not totally sure about the lines on the Fox, but I know there are some differences in the lines between them and the 94-95. All of the SN95 stuff would be a direct swap to the 01, so it might be beneficial to find a wrecked one to use for parts. Why not toss a 4.6 4V in there? You can find Mark VIII 4.6's for around $500 on www.car-part.com, and then be able to use 01 model year specific parts with the 4.6. It might not be what you're looking for, which I understand, but it might be the cheapest, or most cost effective in the long run. 96-04 parts are going to be easier to come by than 94-95, without a doubt.