Electrical HELP PLEASE! A/C Blowing hot air!

Mustangguy85

Jun 19, 2020
Salem, or
I have a 2005 Ford mustang v6. My A/C blows only hot air. Took it to a shop and they told me to go buy freon. So I just bought 20oz A/C PRO. says that it's full. So I got my hoses and everything checked for leaks and what not. Everything is the way it's supposed to be. What else can be the issue? With a black on black car. And no A/C sucks. I don't have the money or access to a pump either. IDK WHAT TO DO!! Please help. Thx!!

• Sponsors (?)

As you have found out, there’s more to it than topping it off. There are high and low pressure switches in most newer systems. Is the compressor engaging? The Expansion valve could be clogged, making the high side full but not low side.
I hope there is a tech write up for this generation like there is for the Fox. Otherwise, a different shop is a good idea.

I know on my 98 Ranger, which has the same problem, it's a broken blend door. Under the sash. Major PITA to fix. Hence I left it alone. I never used the ac anyways. Prefer driving windows down.

Don't know if the Mustang uses the same system. But it's a common thing, when it breaks you either get all hot or all cold, depending on where it was when it broke.

Check fuse 45 or 47 10amp my be blown under the hood , also check under manifold to see if you have a hot water hose leak, maybe a pinch electrical wire it’s yellow with red stripe, If it has a wrench on the dash it’s most likely a hot water hose leak that cause the car to go in Lemp mode and that causes the fuse to blow and ac and heater to no blow properly, these are some reason I’ve known besides bad compressor or leaks

Took it to a shop and they told me to go buy freon.

What shop?

It is probably a likely scenario that you overfilled the system with refrigerant and oil and have made the issue worse.

No Noob (including myself) should be buying cans of refrigerant and injecting it into their cooling systems without knowing [exactly] how to determine the present refrigerant and oil level.

Chances are good that your initial problem was nothing more than a vacuum hose issue or blend door actuator issue. I am fairly certain that now, you also have an overserviced accumulator.

Next steps: Take it to an automobile A/C shot and get a quote for repair. Inform them of the things that you've already done.