Help - Search - Requiring Multiple Words

Ghost001

Dec 9, 2002
California
Hello,

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to perform a search using multiple words, requiring all of the words be present.

It seems like I used to just type in all of the words, and it would require that all of the words be present in the thread.

Recently, though, it seems to find every thread with any of the words present.

I've tried things like

sending AND unit AND fuel AND lock AND ring

sending & unit & fuel & lock & ring

sending + unit + fuel + lock + ring

but none of those approaches work. It will retrieve every thread with any of the words present, which is not very helpful.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or has anyone been able to successfully search by requiring multiple words?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not real savvy with getting the search engine to work. I'm sure others will have tips but in the meanwhile, if you're hot to find something:

Have you tried searching Stangnet via Google? That's often how I search forums since Google can sift through stuff better than a given site's search engine.

If that doesn't work, sometimes it helps to let it search an entire thread but only for an obscure term that generally applies only to that general area or task. For instance, if searching about quadrant replacements (for your clutch), a normal search would reveal 2000 threads. But a search for 'pawl' reveals many fewer threads. In your case, words like 'brass drift' might actually backdoor you into something (insert joke here, BTW :p ) since it's used for the ring seating.

Random thoughts.

Good luck.