Help Steeda CAI & Tune

chrissy0022

Feb 12, 2011
Soooooo..was supposed to pick up my GT/CS today.... i get there they are still working on the stripes and still need to upload the tune... so I come back in 2 hours and they are uploading the tune and first it say charge battery.. weird but already have jumper cable hooked up to it in case. so it starts uploading get to about 75% and you hear woosh.... the car just dies. No clue why... wont even recognize my keys for it... since it is after hours and were trying to get everything finished there was nothing we could do so she sits there hood open waiting on the morning to call steeda and see whats going on...

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Everything else is installed and working... exhaust, springs, window louvers, double black stripe, The CAI fits and looks great... but cant do anything if car wont turn on..

I have been waiting a week and a half...my birthday is Tuesday i hope i can pick it up before then!

I took some quick pictures of it while she waits in the shop ready to be resurrected...
View attachment 65498

View attachment 65499

• Sponsors (?)

WHo's working on the car...an authorized Steeda Dealer? Where did they get the tune from?

If it's Steeda Stuff...Call Todd or Gus at Pompano Steeda after 8am (954-960-0774) or they have an 800 number listed. Tell them that ROB with the Silver stang told you to call them. Todd is my nice sales dude but Gus is the Tuner dude there. They should be able to help you.

RC

Did you say the car died while they were uploading the tune? The car was running while they were doing it? You CAN'T upload a tune while the car is running, the computer is probably fried now.:nono:

Did you say the car died while they were uploading the tune? The car was running while they were doing it? You CAN'T upload a tune while the car is running, the computer is probably fried now.:nono:

Oops. Yeah, who would try and upload a tune to a car that was running. Not trying to find pleasure in your pain, but who was working on your car your buddies from auto shop?