Help Troubleshooting Car problem

K-Dubb

Jan 30, 2007
Hi, I am having an issue with my car and trouble finding the cause. My car and mods are in sig. About 4k miles ago, I had the motor replaced (old one spun a rod at 50k, but that is another story) with a motor that had only 20k miles on it. The motor was an 03 motor, and my car is an 02. Before the motor replacement, my car ran perfect and the tune was perfect. Now with this motor, I have melted 2 sets of catalytic converters. The car also has an odd "bump" at idle only. I have read that converters melt when gas ignited inside them. I have ran some datalogs with my xcal2, which i have attached (It is a zip file of 4 logs, so you will need to change the file extention to .zip. i had to change it since i cannot upload zip files here). The only one that seems odd is the idle log which may show that my bank 2 o2 is bad? The other ones do not show it though? Please let me know what you think of those logs if anyone could take a look...

Below, are some pics of my sparkplugs.

123hx2.jpg

456rl6.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Logs.doc
    49.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 123hx2.jpg
    123hx2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 60
  • 456rl6.jpg
    456rl6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 79
  • Sponsors (?)

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to get another tune. Even in mass-produced engines, there may be enough variability to cause problems with modified engines. You live in an emissions state, I assume?

Your spark plugs look normal.