HELP: Trunk Lock

blandq

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2002
Houston Texas
I am replacing the chrome carrier on the trunk lock and want to keep my original mechanism as it is the original ...damn key is so smooth, you can probably pick it with a tooth pick.

I can't get the mech out of the housing....Help

Well, I'll try again, I got no answers on my inverted flare question for brake lines

• Sponsors (?)

What year vehicle? IIRC you have to take the chrome housing out of the trundk then there is a hole in the housing aht you stick a paper clip (or the like) in and turn the key to line up a button that you depress to remove the lock cylinder. I haven't done this in so long that I might not be remebering correctly....but someone here will correct me.

Trunk Lock

Thanks for the reply...I'm in the same boat. I've got the lock assembly on the bench, found the button, used a scribe to push on it while rotating the key, button depressed a little.....won't budge!!!!

blandq said:
damn key is so smooth, you can probably pick it with a tooth pick.

You wanna see a smooth key?

A little off topic, but you reminded me. This:

attachment.php

is my ignition and boot (trunk) key. It used to be the key for my doors as well until someone at uni decided they wanted to break into my car, and F***ed both locks and the paint around them TRYING to get in. That's right, they couldn't open the lock that that key operated... :lol: