Help..trying to finish 3G Alternator upgrade....What wire goes where?

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
Here Pic of the D clip I think? it has a big yellow wire..I think it has another yellow wire in the middle and a green and brown wire.

Attachments

• alt wiring 009 (WinCE).jpg
    alt wiring 009 (WinCE).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 121
  • alt wiring 010 (WinCE).jpg
    alt wiring 010 (WinCE).jpg
    9 KB · Views: 122
  • Sponsors (?)

Also the wiring coming out of the car has a Big yellow wire and a small green and brown wire.

OfcourseI already know that the alternator gets wired to the battery...but I need help with all the other wiring. thanx

heres some info on the sensor

The Barometric Pressure (BP) sensor operates as a piezoelectric (pressure-sensing) disc. However, rather than generating a voltage, its output is a frequency change. The sensor changes frequency relative to intake manifold vacuum. The sensor frequency increases as vacuum increases. The BP sensor is used to sense the changes in barometric pressure, allowing the PCM to sense the altitude at which the vehicle is operating. Its signal affects, spark advance for altitude compensation. The BP sensor was only used in early MAF systems. Starting in 1994 Ford learned that air pressure can be calculated once the MAF sensor tells the computer the amount of air ingested by the engine.

For the 3G conversion, one plug from the original 2G alt will plug right in.

The other plug will have two #10 size wires and a small thin white wire.

The 2 #10's just get cut, taped and tucked in your harness. Do not disconnect them from the solenoid however as the voltage regulator takes power from a tao further in the harness.

The other white wire goes to the small single terminal on the alt. There is a plug that will connect here and you may be able to find one at Autozone or other parts store or off a junkyard plug. You can crimp the small white wire to this plug and plug it in.

Oh and then you just need a large #4ga power wire from the post on the alt to the pos side of the solenoid. Route this wire away from high heat sources as heat increases resistance. I ran mine to the pass fender and then into the front bumper area across over to the driver's fender and then out of the windshield washer hole to the solenoid.

Oh and the BAP works with the MAF to calculate the density of the air going into the engine.

If the MAF measure 1 cubic foot per minute, the BAP finds the atmospheric density and calculates the density of air entering the engine