Help with 02 stang 4.6 swap to 97 150

79Clunker

Feb 18, 2003
I am putting a factory rebuilt 02 stang 4.6 in my '97 150 that has a stock 4.6. The new motor does have PI heads but does not have intake. My main question is can I use the PI mustang intake on my 150? Will the stock hoses and wiring work? Also if anyone has experience with this I am planning for the oil pan, timing cover, and possibly flywheel to be different should I expect anything else?

• Sponsors (?)

79Clunker said:
I am putting a factory rebuilt 02 stang 4.6 in my '97 150 that has a stock 4.6. The new motor does have PI heads but does not have intake. My main question is can I use the PI mustang intake on my 150? Will the stock hoses and wiring work? Also if anyone has experience with this I am planning for the oil pan, timing cover, and possibly flywheel to be different should I expect anything else?

If it is a 02 motor then it already has the pi intake on it. If you are looking for the aluminum crossover I don't think they started to produce those until the later part of 02. Keep in mind that there where several versions of the pi intake and with the aluminum or with out its the same. I don't have any other answers for you.
Good Luck
DB

Sounds like he means that it didn't come with an intake at all? is that correct. If it's anything like like a mustang Non Pi to Pi swap. Almost everything bolts on to your old wiring and hoses, you will have to transfer your intake plenum, possibly alternator and/or bracket and fuel rails and coil packs if the 97 F150 doesn't come with coil on plugs. Also maybe the starter, you will have to check on that one.