Help with an out of state title inspection!!

Ok, here is the latest delima with my new car, that I have affectionately named Christine :mad: Anyway, I bought the car on a Thursday night from a guy in Indiana. I live in Ohio. Anyway, I was told I had to get an out of state inpection done on the car to get the title transferred to me, because you don't need a notary to sign over a title in Indiana. Friday morning, I went and got temp tags because I had to drive the car to the wonderful people at the BMV, so they could indead conduct an out of state inspection. Of course the title division is only opened from 8-5 Monday through Friday, so I decided to drive the car for the day and get the title transferred on Monday on my lunch break. Anyway, as a lot of you know, Saturday night my wonderful 6 cell, red top battery melted a cell and caught my beautiful new car on fire. Meaning, it couldn't be driven to the BMV on Monday, because all the wiring and the motor burned up. Now the not so helpful people at the BMV have told me I am screwed and will do nothing to help me. Any suggestions? I have no idea, short of putting the damn thing on a flat bed and shoving it up their ass. :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow....that is a good one.

How bad is the nose burned? I mean i saw pics but that really never tells the whole story.....is it worth rebuilding? If not, you may consider buying a roller and doing a massive parts swap.

Wow....that is a good one.

How bad is the nose burned? I mean i saw pics but that really never tells the whole story.....is it worth rebuilding? If not, you may consider buying a roller and doing a massive parts swap.

I don't know yet. The title (if I ever get it) will be salvaged, so I was thinking about taking the front end off one in a junk yard and swaping parts as I needed them and buying a new crate motor to drop in it. All the electrical is gone, anything that was plastic. I am pretty sure now, that the aluminum heads are warped. All the lines are gone. Brand new mass air and cold air intake are gone. But, it never made it through the firewall, so everything from it back is still good. The Cowl hood is destroyed, but all the plastic (GT bumpers and ground effects) are not damaged.

I don't know yet. The title (if I ever get it) will be salvaged, so I was thinking about taking the front end off one in a junk yard and swaping parts as I needed them and buying a new crate motor to drop in it. All the electrical is gone, anything that was plastic. I am pretty sure now, that the aluminum heads are warped. All the lines are gone. Brand new mass air and cold air intake are gone. But, it never made it through the firewall, so everything from it back is still good. The Cowl hood is destroyed, but all the plastic (GT bumbers and ground effects) are not damaged.

Dear god that's a lot of money...

I dunno.....personally i would rather build another car using what's good off your car. I mean, you've gotta paint it....so if you found a decent roller with decent paint you'd be off to a good start. To me fire damaged wiring harnesses are almost as bad as rust...both can be fixed but i'd rather scrap the whole car and start over.

See, I agree, but the thing is, this car has a lot of new things. I will list them. If you guys can tell me what would be worth pulling off this car and putting on another?

Engine, Trans, Rearend all with less than 30,000 mi
Superior axles
FRPP control arms
new racers choice shifter
all new shocks
new brakes $ rotors
new fornt sway bar links and bushings
aluminum drive staft
new clutch with motor and trans - Hardy har har. Not anymore :mad:
new starter, water pump, alt. - All damaged
chrome valve covers - Not anymore
FRPP header - Burned up?
new h-pipe and dynomax cat-back
new radiator, fan & clutch - Gone
new heater & radiator hoses- Nada
FRPP balencer - burned?
underdrive pulleys
new CAI - gone

EXTERIOR:
fresh paint - With burnt areas :mad:
new head lights - Now they are smoked :lol:
center line wheels
90% cooper zeons 225/245
3" cowl hood - Now a 1" Cowl hood
new emblems

INTERIOR:
monster tach
amp gage
oil presure gage
new carpet

See, I agree, but the thing is, this car has a lot of new things. I will list them. If you guys can tell me what would be worth pulling off this car and putting on another?

Superior axles
FRPP control arms
new racers choice shifter
all new shocks
new brakes $ rotors
aluminum drive staft
new clutch with motor and trans -
Hardy har har. Not anymore :mad:
new starter, water pump, alt. -
All damaged
chrome valve covers -
Not anymore
FRPP header -
Burned up?
new h-pipe and dynomax cat-back
new radiator, fan & clutch -
Gone
new heater & radiator hoses-
Nada
FRPP balencer -
burned?
underdrive pulleys
new CAI -
gone
These are all drivetrain/suspension parts....you'd pretty much use them all in the swap anyways

EXTERIOR:
center line wheels
90% cooper zeons 225/245
new emblems

INTERIOR:
monster tach
amp gage
oil presure gage
new carpet

Then there's just the interior stuff and wheels.....it seems like a lot but most of that is connected to eachother and will swap a lot easier than you think. I don't wanna sound like i'm pounding my idea into your head....just trying to make it make sense. There's a lot of clean rollers out there that you can probably find for cheaper than it's going to cost you to fix that front end and paint it.

Superior axles Swap
3.73 swap
FRPP control arms swap
new racers choice shifter swap
all new shocks swap
new brakes $ rotors swap
aluminum drive staft swap
new clutch with motor and trans - Hardy har har. Not anymore :mad:
new starter, water pump, alt. - All damaged
chrome valve covers - Not anymore
FRPP header - Burned up?
new h-pipe and dynomax cat-back swap
new radiator, fan & clutch - Gone
new heater & radiator hoses- Nada
FRPP balencer - burned?
underdrive pulleys
new CAI - gone

EXTERIOR:
center line wheels swap
90% cooper zeons 225/245 swap
new emblems

INTERIOR:
monster tach swap
amp gage swap
oil presure gage swap
new carpet swap

That sounds like a lotta work. I'd sue the battery company and just buy another car.

I never had to go thru that crap to transfer a title.
I had a Neon with an Alabama title and Tenessee plates/registration and I just signed the title over and registered the car without a problem here in New York.
No notary, no drama.

I never had to go thru that crap to transfer a title.
I had a Neon with an Alabama title and Tenessee plates/registration and I just signed the title over and registered the car without a problem here in New York.
No notary, no drama.

I wish it was that easy here!!! All the state inspection consists of is some person making sure the VIN # on the car, matches the VIN on the title. :nonono:

I had to go thru an inspection where the state checked all the vin #'s on parts and checked the paperwork/reciepts for parts but that was for a salvaged car that I bought wrecked and rebuilt. Thats the way it works in NY when registering a car that was written off by the insurance company and then rebuilt.
It took me 4 months to get an appointment.

NY wont issue a salvage/rebuilt title until you go thru that inspection which now costs around $200.