Help With Engine Choice

Im getting ready to order a new engine for my Stang within the next few days or so. Im going with Coast High Performance Pro Street engine. Are they a good engine builder? Any better companys? OK Im gong with a 351 based stroker but Im not sure which one. The car will see weekend street crusing use and drag strip use too. NOT A DAILY DRIVER, ONLY A WEEKEND CAR. Now my main concern is should I go with a mild stroke like a 393/396 or go with a 427 stroker? Im worried about engine life and oil use. It will be blown with a Procharger 600b intercooled at 14psi or I may step it up later with a bigger Procharger. Im thinking of using my 302 heads as they are p/p with bigger valves Worlds Roush heads. Also I have a Downs upper intake with a GT40 lower. Should I keep that intake or go with a CHP Spyder intake? I will have a custom blower cam also. Im going to use my tb and mass air meter off my 302 for now until I can step up to bigger parts to feed my newfound cubes. I know Im going to have to get a different oil pan, and headers (all my electronics and distributor is MSD), is there anything else I need to buy new to swap this engine in? Thanks for all your help and MERRY CHRISTMAS:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

you will need a new hood, lower intake, fuel rails, distributor, headers, new fuel system for all that power. prolly forgetting some stuff.

i would go with as many cubes as you can stuff in there. while our at it you may want to check out dart blocks as a 427W with 14psi is gonna be alot for the stock block.

good luck, let us know what power you are making.

if your keeping that lower i would definetly port it. as with any major work, from experience, things will come up constantly that are unforeseen so its impossible for anybody to give a exact description of all the **** you'll need. but thats the nature of the beast, once it starts it never ends.

I worked with Toby and Mark at CHP for my engine needs. Ordered a crate motor and it basically started on the first try with no valve train noise, no nothing. I'm still breaking it in but so far I'm pleased with there build. I should have ordered a more aggressive cam but I can have FTI make me one later. For now I'm more concerned about just getting in and driving.

I think I found the motor Im going to order. Its a D&D Motorsports Hawk Power 418W. It has 4340 forged crank, rods, blower pistons and ect... Is D&D a good place to buy a block? Any experience from these guys? Im buying the short block and getting it shipped to me for $3045. I think thats a rather great deal. Thanks guys