Help with heater core

I had bought this 2000 Mustang GT from a person and now it’s hitting winter and I have no heat whatsoever. There are no hoses running from the heater core to the inside of the cab and there’s what looks like a random thermostat in the glove compartment. Should I buy a whole new heater core assembly, or can I buy bits and pieces I need to get the heat working again? I would rather buy the whole assembly, can anyone link me to a website selling an assembly for the heater core?

• Sponsors (?)

A heater core is only one unit:

1542229268980.png

Replace it.

As Neuron says, it's a bit job.. Essentially, you need to remove the dashboard, so you can get to the car's HVAC components, so you can take the heater core out and replace it; Before you do that- if it is hooked to anything under the hood (and maybe yours is not?) you have to drain the coolant. To get the dash out- you'll need to remove the front seats, center console to remove the dashboard. My car had no A/C, so it was easier for me (1989 Mustang), but I hear you can get the heater core without disturbing the A/C too..

Here's a YouTube showing how to remove the heater core in an SN95 gen Mustang..
You can buy the replacement heater core (and new hoses too if you need them- you'll probably need them if it's been bypassed in your car) here:
https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-Heater-Cores-94-04

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Jason