help with injector upgrade

orangemist

Jul 2, 2005
I just went from 24lbs to 30lb injectors and noticed I had to lower the fuel pressure from 42 for the #24's to 35psi for the #30's other wise anything about 2500-3000 it fell flat on its face the car has a gt-40 longblock, b cam 1.72 rockers, cobra upper-lower intake a 1 in phenomic spacer, 70mm t/b 73mm maf, with fuel pressure@ 35lbs its snappier but still feels like its holding back a bit..any suggestions??? thanks :damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm assuming you got the maf calibrated, I know that w/the larger injector, normally needing to turn down f/p unless your combo needs more fuel. I would assume 24's would have been sufficient for your combo, unless going w/nitrous or blower

Your injector upgrade was not only not required..will likely leave your A/F ratio a little screwy untill you get a dyno tune. Not sure why you decided to upgrade when you were running more than enough injector to start with. With my combination I run 24's @ 40PSI, with no running issues..untuned.

I have a 331 with vic jr heads, edelbrock upper and lower, trick flow #2 cam and I run 24# inj. Livernois built my 408, Had 450 HP N/A to the wheels with 42 pound inj and they said I only needed 36#. I think your 30's might be big unless you are going to run a big power adder. :shrug: