• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Help with line lock install

  • Thread starter Thread starter 71swing
  • Start date Start date Aug 10, 2007
7

71swing

Member
Aug 18, 2006
199
0
17
Omaha,NE
Aug 10, 2007
#1
  • Aug 10, 2007
  • #1
I have a 88 lx convertible that I just purchased a line lock for from summit.

The problem That I'm having is that my master cylinder is different than previous mustangs.

Instead of just two lines coming off the master cyl.
(one for the front and the other for the back)

It has two lines for the front, and one for the back brakes. Making both front brakes completely seperate.

Has anyone delt with this before. Im think of maybe just buying a new master cyl. that would put both front brakes on the same port.

Or do you think I could just install the line lock on one front wheel, but I would think that would make the car drift to one side as I do my burnout at the track.
 

samickguy15

Member
Sep 1, 2005
404
0
16
Delavan, IL
Aug 10, 2007
#2
  • Aug 10, 2007
  • #2
.

Unless you want to do some really sweet donuts, I would suggest coming up with a solution for the lines. I think you will either have to do a master cylinder or find a fitting that will take them from 2 into 1 and then split with another fitting so you don't have to change all of your lines.
 
8

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
4,265
12
69
B.C. Canada
Aug 10, 2007
#3
  • Aug 10, 2007
  • #3
sounds like you don't have a propotioning valve in your brake setup. I think that is bad. Maybe you need to get one cap one line run 1 line to the P.V. then into line loc then out 2 the 2 front brakes.
 
8

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
4,265
12
69
B.C. Canada
Aug 11, 2007
#4
  • Aug 11, 2007
  • #4
a little link from Mustang5L5
http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/tech/install2.htm
 
7

71swing

Member
Aug 18, 2006
199
0
17
Omaha,NE
Aug 12, 2007
#5
  • Aug 12, 2007
  • #5
86bluecobra
a little link from Mustang5L5
http://www.motorsportsdigest.com/tech/install2.htm
Click to expand...

Thanks alot that helps greatly. That is what I was looking for.
 
8

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
4,265
12
69
B.C. Canada
Aug 16, 2007
#6
  • Aug 16, 2007
  • #6
NP sir.
 

cobradvm

New Member
Sep 2, 2003
245
1
0
Woodinville, WA
Aug 16, 2007
#7
  • Aug 16, 2007
  • #7
I did the horn button mod when I put my line lock in - very cool setup!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

G
2019 GT Line lock
  • gray owl
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
6
Views
190
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Jul 25, 2026
gray owl
G
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
171
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
80
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
Brakes FOX BRAKES ISSUES
  • PonyGTrider
  • Jan 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
53
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 31, 2026
Mustang5L5
B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
220
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?