Help With my Heater (quick replys plz) :)

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
ok my heater just doesnt work i replaced the thermostate thinking that was the problem but it wasnt. what my heater does is blow out cool air not cold but cool and when my temp on the car gets half way the air worms up bearly so its still not workin my windows dont fog up and i dont have a wet floor so my heater core should be good if anyone has any expert appionion please please let me know thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Also check the large hose going to the heater core. It is suppossed to have a coolant flow restrictor in the hose. There was a service note that they sometimes get sideways and block the coolant flow. To fix drain about 1 gallon of coolant then remove the hose and reposition the restrictor and hold it in place with a hose clamp.

Good Luck, Don

ok i found out why my windows didnt fog because i never turned on the heater i turned on the heater and tried to run it and now after i let my car sit my windows fog up and the floor behind the stereo is wet. so my heater core is blown. is there an easy way to replace it or should i take it in. how much do you think it will cost to have them replace the core for me i already have the part anyone know any price ranges? i was thinking of trying ford tomarrow for a price but i think they may way over charge anyone have any experience with this???

yikes, dont take it somewhere unless your rich... its been known to cost a lot of money... its not a fun job, and they make you pay for it. you do not have to take out the whole dash just unbolt it and push it up. should give you enough room to get the box out. dont plan on keeping your a/c charged either. get that a/c line disconnection tool. DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY have fun and tear in, dont be surprised if it takes you a full day if you dont know what your doing...

if u remove ur dash u wont have to empty the a/c just find the heater caore assmebly cover abd cut a door in it and slid the new one in and putty the door back on it works good and save time plus money!!! i did it last week right after christmas it took like 7hrs but i replace the cluster and speedo cable too to get it done at a shop was 350$$ for me so i did it myself and no one will ever see the cut door. it works good now

as previously posted, do not undo the ac lines, cut a door in the box, you'll be glad you did this time as well as every time in the future you have to replace it. be sure to cut the door big since you don't want to have to cut it twice. i tried to find a diagram i found for removing the neccessary bolts, but i **** you not, it's only 7 bolts in the actual dash you have to remove. the console though has to be dissasembled and slid back too. prop the passenger side of the dash up as high as you can get it. remove the ducts, cut the door, and you're to the heater core. the first time i did it, it took me about 6 hours. last time it took me about 2. research on yahoo, there are some good write-ups on the process.

ok that sounds great but do you know by chance a web site with the info and pics??? also do you still have to drain the coolent im almost possative its a yes but i think there will still be some when you pull the hoses off am i right on this?

yes you have to drain the coolant...do the door cut methood... it's the only way to do them trust me... i am a ford dealer tech by trade and i have done this on all but one of them i have done... yes it is a little hack but as somebody above said... who will notice...

svttech76 said:
yes you have to drain the coolant...do the door cut methood... it's the only way to do them trust me... i am a ford dealer tech by trade and i have done this on all but one of them i have done... yes it is a little hack but as somebody above said... who will notice...

ok thanks can you refure me to a good web site with step by step instructions for the shortest way possible? the way your talkin about all i seen was ways to discharge ac and all the rest