Help with Oil PLEASE!

killerstang04

Nov 4, 2004
So this afternoon @ work i had access to a lift. i changed the filter & oil. i put mobil 1 5w30 in, however i put 6 & 1/2 quarts in. The oil on the dipstick is reading a little high, just slightly above the top circle (hole in dipstick). I have a 2004 Mustang GT. I know some people insist on 6 quarts and some insist on 6 & 1/2 quarts. Do you think i have too much in there? Unfortunatly i do not have access to another lift for a while. When i went to WAL MART last, they filled it with 6 & 1/2 quarts too. I dont hear any problems and my oil doesnt seem to be frothing. Do you think im alright? Input please, thanks in advance!

Edit: The manual says 6.0 quarts.

• Sponsors (?)

In my 02 the book says 5 quarts. But mine takes 5 and half quarts when I do it myself. When I take it to the Valvoline Place(like Jiffy lube) they usually end up putting in 6 quarts. 6.5 seems a tad high :shrug: :shrug:

My dip stick is all twisted so I think this why sometime 5.5 sometimes 6q.

The TSB was released in 2003, before your '04 was built. I have an '03 and my neighbor has an '04. Both have the identical mismarked dipsticks.

When we refill with 6 quarts, the level is near the bottom of the acceptable range. I don't add any more.