Help with sequential taillights

Rene C

Aug 30, 2016
I have an '02 mustang GT and would like to have sequential taillights. Background: a couple of years ago I bought new modern taillights and a plug and play sequential taillight harness from American Muscle. The taillights look great but they would not sequence with the new harness. I kept the taillights and returned (exchanged) the harness. That harness didn't work either. I returned (exchanged) it for a third one which didn't worked and was exchanged for a fourth harness. By the way, American Muscle was great about accepting my returns and trying again. Anyway, I took the fourth harness to my friend who had installed all the wiring on my cobra I had built (he knows electrical). We took the harness and bulbs out of the car and put them on the bench. After carefully observing the action, we realized that the lights were actually sequencing but they were doing it so fast, it wasn't noticeable. Yes, I had also purchased the control module that was supposed to slow them down. So, does anyone know of a place where I can get just a sequencing harness that works properly? I received an NPD catalog this weekend and see that they have a set of retrofitting sequential taillights but I don't want to buy those when I already have new lights. If someone could tell me where to get a harness that works or instruct me on how to modify the existing harness, that would be great. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I never got them to slow down at all. That was a couple of years ago. I had given up on them. I assume I had version 1 of the modified turn signal flasher. Maybe the V2 would work. Is that what you have?

It's been years so I can't remember all the details, but when I put LED turn signal lights on my motorcycle I had to wire in a resistor to slow the flashing back to normal. Are you using LED bulbs or standard incandescent?